Oatmeal Makes me Hungry

Options
1235»

Replies

• OneTwentyThree
    OneTwentyThree Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal fills me for about 2 hrs....eggs are a different story so I have them most days
    :smile:

What do you have eggs with ?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    This may seem like a silly question but how much oatmeal are you having when you're eating it? If you're only eating 1 packet of oatmeal (approximately 160 calories), it's perfectly reasonable to be hungry a few hours later.

If I'm eating oatmeal, I add a bit of butter to it and have it with fruit and Greek yogurt on the side as well as coffee.

Definitely. I had 4 packs (160g) the other night with 50g of casein mixed in, plus some chia seeds and used full cream milk.
    This is precisely why I don't bother with oats, or any cereal. Just no bang for my buck.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal fills me for about 2 hrs....eggs are a different story so I have them most days
    :smile:

What do you have eggs with ?

Eggs poached on buttered wholemeal toast :smiley: nom nom
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    If it's Oatmeal alone the problem is likely due to a lack of protein. Try adding powder protein, a nut butter, or having some eggs too.
  • Phyber0ptik
    Phyber0ptik Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oatmeal keeps me full longer for me than the regular kind. 2 eggs and toast works the longest for me though. :)