Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    all the pizza i eat is guilt free
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    You can also shred the cauliflower in the food processor and then roast it in the oven on a baking sheet. Then still squeeze out excess water with a kitchen towel. Any way you cook the cauliflower, you gotta squeeze it though a kitchen towel and get as much water out as possible. It makes for a much better result.

I also do these as mini pizzas. About a 1/4 cup of crust for each pizza. You get more crispy edges! :)
  • auntchellebelle
    auntchellebelle Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I actually prefer a wheat pita with a little sauce and 2% cheese over a pizza hut or papa johns pizza. Cheaper, taste better, and I can have more
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I actually prefer a wheat pita with a little sauce and 2% cheese over a pizza hut or papa johns pizza. Cheaper, taste better, and I can have more

Smart, but that doesn't work for people who can't eat gluten.
  • GoldFish1326
    GoldFish1326 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just throw my cheese veggies/meat into a frying pan crisp up the cheese then slide it out onto a bed of lettuce. Crunchy toppings and cheese are my favourite thing!
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    YeahNoThanks.gif

I'd rather eat real pizza that fits into my goals, guilt-free. Pizza's not bad or naughty, only too much of it is! I'd rather save the cauliflower for actual cauliflower.

+1 - I am not trying to be snarky or anything, but I would rather do some cardio and eat a few pieces of normal pie.

Thanks for sharing though - I never know what is going to pique my curiosity and make me try a new recipe.

• jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    SuggaD wrote: »
    funny thing, I had NO GUILT eating my pizza hut pizza tonight. It was delish!

Pizza Hut pizza is meh. Too greasy and salty. The little places are the best.

Will try this. I think I had it pinned already. But when I really want pizza, I want the dough too.

I needed to have it delivered...and we don't have any small places by where I live...and I like Pizza Hut pizza...

Not a single mom and pop pizza place? You should open your own. You'll make bank.

We have two around here, The Rising Crust and The Pie Factory... THE best homemade from scratch pizza's you'll ever eat. VERY calorie dense (but what *traditional* pizza isn't? lol), but both are amazing... Nothing but fresh ingredients/herbs. Everything from the crust to the sauce to the cheese and toppings is made in house or locally.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    jasonmh630 wrote: »

Will try this. I think I had it pinned already. But when I really want pizza, I want the dough too.

I needed to have it delivered...and we don't have any small places by where I live...and I like Pizza Hut pizza...

Not a single mom and pop pizza place? You should open your own. You'll make bank.

We have two around here, The Rising Crust and The Pie Factory... THE best homemade from scratch pizza's you'll ever eat. VERY calorie dense (but what *traditional* pizza isn't? lol), but both are amazing... Nothing but fresh ingredients/herbs. Everything from the crust to the sauce to the cheese and toppings is made in house or locally.

This sounds like my kinda place. I look for those places when I travel for cycling then enjoy a medium w/ grilled chicken and veggies before my event.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    jasonmh630 wrote: »

This sounds like my kinda place. I look for those places when I travel for cycling then enjoy a medium w/ grilled chicken and veggies before my event.

If you're ever in Northwest Alabama (Florence), you'll have to check these places out. :)
  • KatySW658
    KatySW658 Posts: 24
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I agree that it shouldn't make me feel guilty and I have been at a time in my life where I was at a healthy weight and didn't feel guilty eating pizza, however, at this moment in time I do feel guilty eating foods high in bad fats and don't have the self control yet to limit the amount I eat. It was maybe a bad choice of words on my part and don't for a second believe that pizza should lead to guilt...

Regardless of my flaws that I do need to work on, I love searching for recipes that are healthier alternatives to favourites, one to see how they taste and two because I love cooking so thought I would share it.

Like iv said before, it won't replace a normal pizza dough but it is tasty and regardless of the name, it's worth a try.
  • Travis_2
    Travis_2 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    The only guilt I have is eating all of it before my kids get seconds. Then I feel bad. Sometimes.