You know you're serious when...you added what?

Options

Replies

• snowmanluv
    snowmanluv Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    That's a journey worth telling.
  • neekosmith
    neekosmith Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    When my husband offered to go get us ice cream & I turned him down because it didn't fit into my calories for the day :)
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    When I recently bought a mountain bike (I rarely buy things for myself) and used it more than once. I actually look forward to using it!

When I am seriously considering on buying a Body Media device- yet anouther big purchase for MYSELF.

When I realize ITS OK to invest in my own health and not feel guilty for doing so.

When I look forward to eating red grapes almost as much as chocolate! Whoda thunk?? :D
  • cskalaj
    cskalaj Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    it feels weird to shower when you aren't already soaking in sweat. Every time I take a "dry" shower it gets me!
  • liftreadphilosophize
    liftreadphilosophize Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I knew I was serious when I stopped pressuring myself to do the workouts I "should" do, and gave myself permission to find those I love to do and want to do regardless of my weight-loss goals. So I added in biking to work a couple times a week (18 miles round-trip) and I'm much happier now that my focus also includes being happy in my fitness.
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    I guess I knew I was really serious when waking up at 5am didn't bother me any more, since I new how working out in the morning would make me feel throughout the day. Ever since then, it hasn't really felt like a chore, just part of my routine.

^^^ This 110%!!! I love my sleep, but I am up M-F at 5am to get that workout out of the way. Love the routine...never ever thought I'd say that.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    When I spent nearly $100 on my new FitBit Flex!
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    as some have stated

5am - i wake up and do a core workout for 30 minute M-F
    Food scale i use religiously on sundays as i prepare that weeks lunches
    Drive by various fast food places (burker king, arbys, wendys, mickey dees) and not thinking twice
    Buying a HRM instead of relying on the machines at the gym
    Setting a appointment with UPMC to get a Bod Pod reading as well as my BMR
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    When I finally invested in a heart rate monitor with calorie counter.

+1 to this.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    A power rack
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    When I decided to start going to the gym on my lunch break instead of simply hanging out/socializing, bought a food scale and this week Protein Powder!
  • levicrouch
    levicrouch Posts: 99
    Options
    I knew I was serious when i failed but didn't quit.

And didn't quit that time either.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    For my birthday I would like the Garmin 610 probably wont get it yet have other priorties but I want one.

cf-lg.jpg
  • Run4Me2Day
    Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    When you dream about working out!
  • cincigina
    cincigina Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You know you're serious when your last name is Black and your best friend is a 13 year old wizard with a scar on his forehead.

Blah ha ha. This made my day.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Good running shoes and quit bringing home junk.
  • bwright9752
    bwright9752 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Food Scales, Heart Rate Monitor.........and now since I have started lifting I may consider some protein powder to up my levels. I have had maybe one protein shake in my life (and didn't like it so actually if anyone has any good tasting powders to recommend I would be grateful! I am in Ontario).

My teenage boys will only drink Jay Robb egg protein but not just with water or milk, it has to be in a smoothie. Vanila protein with yogurt, frozen banana, frozen triple berries, maybe some agave syrup, milk. I'll drink just about any protein.
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    So I started to comment on the board when I realized how much I am committed to do this. Just curious about the rest of you
    I got the following....new shoes (old ones killed my feet), measuring cup, new weights for dumbells, new water bottle with ounce detector on side, timer.

I'd say I knew I was serious when I told others about my lifestyle change. I didn't want to tell my family at first and risk having them police me (eg, "are you supposed to eat that??") or have them disappointed to see me cheating galore.
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I knew I was serious when i failed but didn't quit.

And didn't quit that time either.

Good one ^^.
  • bwright9752
    bwright9752 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    When my basement looked like this:

33_mms95picture.jpg

Is that a homemade power rack? Do you have plans? Is it sturdy enough for 300+ pounds?

EDIT - Sorry I was so excited when I saw the power rack I didn't read the post where somebody else asked about it. Still, thumbs up and thanks for the link. I'm also trying to figure out a good way to attach a door mounted pullup bar to the rafters in the basement.