Open low carb/keto diaries

Options
Vossii
Vossii Posts: 45 Member
Hey everyone. I've been thinking about going low carb to put my body in ketosis. I would like to stay close to 20-30 carbs. Please add me if you have an open diary and are doing this. I need help with recipes as eating the same thing day after day is not appealing to me. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• MaddieMoo515
    MaddieMoo515 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I follow low carb High fat, but do not have an open diary (yet) sorry! My advice is to search Pinterest for Ketosis, ketogenic, low carb, or Paleo recipes... I have found it the best place to find recipes! I am getting back on track after a few months off... if you are on Facebook Low Carb Zen is a good page, they post lots of recipes!
  • bd302015
    bd302015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Make sure you read the book "the art and science of low carbohydrate living". Easy, quick read and the kindle version is only $10 or so. It is a roadmap to doing it right so you can avoid all the common mistakes AND will better understand what is happening to your body in the first month or 2.

As for recipie's, there are a lot online. Stock the kitchen with coconut oil, olive oil, macadamia nuts and fatty cuts of meat - bacon, sausage, prime rib, etc. High fat meats generally are pretty cheap because no one wants them due to their fat content. I track my macros and use macadamia nuts as little fat pile to get my fat up when I am short.

A favorite recipie of mine is pepperoni meatza, Google it and it will come right up. I love pizza and miss it but this is a good substitute. Basically a pizza with a meat crust. I make several meat crusts at a time and freeze them uncooked so it is easy to have whenever.

Bacon-wrapped asparagus is another good one. Wrap several spears with bacon, put on a pan. Lightly sauté some garlic in olive oil or butter and dump it all over the asparagus. Bake at 350 or so until the bacon looks done. Super yummy.
  • lisaeliz1
    lisaeliz1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Vossi: lots of good advice and easy recipes can be found on Caveman Keto's website - www.cavemanketo.com - and also on www.ruled.me - just found that one last night but it looks very promising. They both give detailed instructions on how to adapt MFP for tracking net carbs and adding a pie chart with percentages to track your macronutrients. I might also suggest googling "fat bombs". And learn how to cook bacon in the oven instead of the stovetop - your new BFF.

Cheers!
  • Happylilbunny6388
    Options
    I've been on a low carb keto diet since Jan 1st and have already lost 12lbs, Pinterest has been great for recipes. This is the first diet I've ever managed to stick to and I'm never hungry.
    My go to recipe is a cherry tomato, spinach and garlic omelette......I have it for lunches and as a side dish for dinner...if I'm having it for breakfast I'll throw two rashers of bacon on top.
  • Soaringrose
    Soaringrose Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hl!!! I was searching MFP & found this post. I know it's been a few months but I'm also looking for open diaries on low carb. I don't understand why it's hard to find people lol? But perhaps I'm not understanding & will be shamed for having mine open lol!!! But I'm just starting low carb today & am very excited!!! Please feel free to add me & let me know how it's going for u!!!! And any other female loggers doing low carb please send a fr!!!!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    brandilmcd wrote: »
    Hl!!! I was searching MFP & found this post. I know it's been a few months but I'm also looking for open diaries on low carb. I don't understand why it's hard to find people lol? But perhaps I'm not understanding & will be shamed for having mine open lol!!! But I'm just starting low carb today & am very excited!!! Please feel free to add me & let me know how it's going for u!!!! And any other female loggers doing low carb please send a fr!!!!

Because they're all in the LC group. It tends to be safer in there: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • kleighsamboer33
    kleighsamboer33 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    brandilmcd wrote: »

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that the reason it may be hard to find lc open diaries is that some of us may not actually be keeping a diary. I just started on keto a few weeks ago and have lost 20 pounds but I don't keep track of my food. I read that one of the best things to do when you start out on keto is to just eat when you are hungry and don't worry so much about the calorie count. it sounds counter intuitive but as of right now I am losing almost a pound a day. No one should shame you, EVER! We are all here for a reason. Do your research and do what is best for you because only you know what is best!
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I eat keto/lc most days, but I dont venture far from the proverbial tree. I don't mind eating meals over again a few times in the same week. My diary would bore you, just a bunch of bacon, cheese, eggs, butter, avocados and salads, but good luck!