healthiest pizza?

Options
13»

Replies

• cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I make my own thin-crust pizza with dough from a local pizzeria but trader joe's dough is good too. It's almost as easy as buying pizza, tbh. I use pre-made (no sugar added) tomato sauce too. A big slice of that with a salad is a great meal and not too high in calories, compared to Pizza Hut or something.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    If you like pizza without cheese, then that saves a loads of calories (I like it, but I know not everybody does). Olives and jalapenos add strong flavours for relatively few calories.
  • mefitforlife9
    mefitforlife9 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone. I ended up going with Papa John's ham/pineapple/black olives. Reg crust. I had room for it and totally enjoyed it! The hubster enjoyed his sausage/black olives. Some of the suggestions will def. be used at a later day... :smiley: thanks again!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I can make my own pizza that comes in at about 250 a slice…thin crust, sauce, mozzarella, chicken, feta, pineapple, and black olives = da bomb you ...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    thanks everyone. I ended up going with Papa John's ham/pineapple/black olives. Reg crust. I had room for it and totally enjoyed it! The hubster enjoyed his sausage/black olives. Some of the suggestions will def. be used at a later day... :smiley: thanks again!

good for you OP …glad you enjoyed it...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Vailara wrote: »
    If you like pizza without cheese, then that saves a loads of calories (I like it, but I know not everybody does). Olives and jalapenos add strong flavours for relatively few calories.

no offense but pizza without cheese just sounds wrong to me...
  • stevesfoods
    stevesfoods Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I make my own that is pretty healthy. Ezekiel sprouted grain tortilla, non gmo organic Pizza Sauce, artichoke hearts, olives,sun dried tomatoes, spices and layered in spinach. (No cheese, im vegan) and i'm stuffed with only about 325 calories.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Being a thin crunchy crust type of girl, Papa John's thin crust cheese pizza is yummy... That special seasoning has some sort of addictive substance in it!!! And, although there may not be one in your area, Domino's thin crust pizza has fewer calories, and our local Domino's just makes a better pizza than Papa John's.

Sadly, Pizza Hut thin crust... might be lower calorie than Papa John's, but our local chain makes a terrible cardboard-tasting pizza. Perhaps your store is better?

Given those choices, I'd go Papa John's and try not to eat to much of the pie! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Aemely wrote: »
    Being a thin crunchy crust type of girl, Papa John's thin crust cheese pizza is yummy... That special seasoning has some sort of addictive substance in it!!! And, although there may not be one in your area, Domino's thin crust pizza has fewer calories, and our local Domino's just makes a better pizza than Papa John's.

Sadly, Pizza Hut thin crust... might be lower calorie than Papa John's, but our local chain makes a terrible cardboard-tasting pizza. Perhaps your store is better?

Given those choices, I'd go Papa John's and try not to eat to much of the pie! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I like the new dominos pizzas…

papa johns is good..

pizza hut is just gross IMO…too much grease...
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I had pizza ranch tonight.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I had pizza ranch tonight.

We ate at Pizza Ranch in their buffet for the first time a couple months ago and it was SO good. Their cheese sticks are yummy, and I like the variety of their pizzas and the fact that they switch them out with different flavors. We went a second time about a month later, and it wasn't nearly as good. :( I guess it depends on who's working. We haven't gone back since mainly because of the price and the disappointment the second time around.

• aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Thin crust + chicken +veggies is pretty close to "healthy".

Realistically, just calculate the calories into your plan and stick to it.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Huppdiwupp wrote: »
    A pizza can be healthy if it fits in your calorie limit. I tend to order my pizza without cheese, which makes it a lot less fat, but of course you can always just eat a smaller portion. (I generally don't eat cheese, but I suppose leaving out the cheese is also a good option if you want your pizza to have less calories - depends on your taste as well, of course, for some people, pizza is all about the cheese, and then I would just eat less of it).

pizza without cheese? That's blasphemy!
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Aemely wrote: »

I like the new dominos pizzas…

papa johns is good..

pizza hut is just gross IMO…too much grease...

Finally someone that agrees with me. I don't get the pizza hut love at all. Dominos makes a pretty good pizza if you have to get chain. Papa Johns is also pretty goo. Pizza hut always gave me digestive issues due to the grease and salt.