Alright, you have beat me into submission.

Options
124»

Replies

• mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I was doing one legged ( split squats ) with twenty-five pound plates, 3 sets of 10, last week and I am a beginner. I feel like I'll need to do better than that when I get back at it again.
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    If you don't have access to a gym, chuck some textbooks or canned goods into a backpack and do your squats wearing them. Try split squats, one-legged squats, jump squats (squat down, then jump straight up, landing back in a squat), and star jumps (like a jump squat, but you do a jumping jack in the air. If that description makes no sense, watch this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPFtd4K-khA ). Those will do more for you than doing 100 unweighted normal squats a day, especially if you're able to do sets of 50 unweighted easily.

I strongly suggest not doing jump squats and star jumps in the shower, though :laugh:
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    If you don't have access to a gym, chuck some textbooks or canned goods into a backpack and do your squats wearing them. Try split squats, one-legged squats, jump squats (squat down, then jump straight up, landing back in a squat), and star jumps (like a jump squat, but you do a jumping jack in the air. If that description makes no sense, watch this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPFtd4K-khA ). Those will do more for you than doing 100 unweighted normal squats a day, especially if you're able to do sets of 50 unweighted easily.

I strongly suggest not doing jump squats and star jumps in the shower, though :laugh:

This is good advice.
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    Jennifer Lawrence's body doesn't really look that difficult to achieve.

PERFECTION isn't hard to achieve???!!!! She is so gorgeous......To me she is like the perfect blend.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    OK peeps...by delicate toning I mean something like this :

spl449932_029-wm900.jpg

This is my all-time favorite girl crush Jennifer Lawrence. My body is somewhat similar to hers in size and shape. You see how it looks like she works out, but not too intensely, because she is still shapely and soft in a womanly way? Does that make sense? I have been drinking.
    Well let's put it this way. She could bust her *kitten*, lift heavy and still look like that if her body fat % were still the same. The "softness" is her body fat being above 20% but below say 27%.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition