12346»

Replies

• acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    acorsaut89 wrote: »
    segacs wrote: »
    Nobody's attacking you, gia. It's just that what you've said doesn't make reasonable sense.

It's apparently a thing though, that by commenting you're fighting with them. I really didn't know that until today.

Nice, I've been missing some silly derp comments. lol.

Sometimes, you just gotta :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA omg -wipes tear- that was rewarding to see.
  • hamlet1222
    hamlet1222 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Have you checked out freelee on Youtube? She does a raw vegan diet and claims to have helped people with eating disorders. Not saying it's the right way for everyone, but maybe the lesser of two evils (obsessing about only eating vegan, has got to be better than obsessing about eating nothing).
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    hamlet1222 wrote: »
    Have you checked out freelee on Youtube? She does a raw vegan diet and claims to have helped people with eating disorders. Not saying it's the right way for everyone, but maybe the lesser of two evils (obsessing about only eating vegan, has got to be better than obsessing about eating nothing).

Obsessing is bad no matter what the obsession is about. Freelee's concepts are devoid of major nutritional needs and fail to provide entire macronutrient categories.

Bumping a necro thread to promote Freelee is really bad form.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    hamlet1222 wrote: »

FYI, Freelee has just transitioned to a different presentation of her eating disorder. She still champions deeply disordered thinking (for example, women are healthier if they're experiencing amenorrhea). Her plan is a terrible idea for people who are dealing with ED. Someone with an ED should seek professional help, not implement more food restrictions, demonize macronutrients, and dive into a community that is actively hostile to people carrying excess weight and promoting false beliefs about how the human body operates.
  • misterdale67
    misterdale67 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    I DO NOT HAVE DISTORED thinking. OMG... I am a small frame and I look leaner at 110.

What the hell??????

I will not die or nor am I unhealthy 1200. My energy is great and I feel great. There are examples of people that are not anorexic or attention seeking.

You don't know me and you have no idea of anything about me. Judements every where here for those that know more than most!

now this I REALLY like!!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    This is strange. I am 5'4" and my stats are this:

Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) 1252
    Daily calories to maintain weight (TDEE) 1503
    Daily calories to loose 2.4 a months is 1202. 2.4 in a month is not nearly enough for me. I have to eat around 900 a day...

1200 for is maintaining really with a little exercise 3 times a week. MFP overestimates my goals.

??? sorry TDEE of 1503 is what you need to maintain, not 1200, why is 2.4 lbs/month not enough for someone in a healthy weight range already? any faster you will lose a lot of muscle, unless that is your goal, then go for it, but watch for the hair falling our and bad skin, nails, etc.

And I would venture to guess that your TDEE of 1503 is excluding exercise, so on 3 days per week your maintenance would be higher.

Eating 900 is not good given your stats, there is no way to get your needed macros (fat and protein) as well as micros (vitamins and minerals) on only 900 cals. Lose slower, be healthier and maintain more muscle while losing, win, win, win.