Question for people with appetite-suppressing meds

Options
2»

Replies

• d88axelson
    Options
    ucabucca wrote: »
    I do not feel hunger accurately so I have learned how to adjust instead of the lame but very honest answer of I forgot to eat. Its easy.... alarm on phone prompts me to eat and yes I eat more meals a day so I can get calories in. Set and stick to that pattern and it becomes second nature but just like others trying to loose at times bad habits kick in with life and I have to go back and set alarms again but if you want it bad enough you won't let it defeat you You can defeat it!

Great idea!

To the OP - I know what it's like. Hunger doesn't feel like hunger, which then becomes a nauseous pain of sorts. I drank a lot of milk when I couldn't eat and this really helped that feeling and often was a good catalyst to start eating solid foods. It was Dexedrine & Ritalin (not at same time) that I was taking and settled on - but I've heard they're all pretty similar in that way unfortunately.
    Good luck to you.
    Take care
  • tbritt8307
    Options
    Hi folks, my adhd meds are suppressing my appetite and I'm often eating less than 2000 calories a day and my nutritionist recommended 3500 or more calories a day for me. Do any of you have suggestions for either what to eat or how or when etc to eat? THANKS!
    Hello
    I am a nurse at a behavioral hospital and our physicians prescribe this medication a lot for ADHD or impulse control. However, a side effect of the medication is a loss of appetite or a decrease in appetite. The half life of this medication is about 2-4.5 hours for adults. A suggestion, and it's just a suggestion, is to take it after you eat. This has been helpful with my patients. However it may not be as helpful to you because everybody reaction to a drug is different. I hope you find a solution that is helpful.