Any ideas on what veg to eat unlimited?

Options
1235»

Replies

• MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I would concentrate on vegetables that are higher in fiber if you are concerned about your carb intake.
    Um, fiber is a carb.
    I understand there is (sic) about 12 carbs in 2 cups but I just don't know what that means
    12 grams of carbohydrate = 48 calories
    For comparison, a nickel has a mass of about 5 grams.
    I just didn't want to eat it late at night having them (sic) carbs stationary in my stomach without being burnt off
    Your digestive system keeps plugging along, no matter the time of day. It might go a little faster or slower depending on your wake/sleep cycle, or if you're exercising, but that broccoli you have for dinner is NOT sitting in your stomach all night.
    Probably the best advice to leave here would be to encourage you to read a basic nutrition and fitness book.
    comments like "I don't want carbs stationary in my stomach late at night" do not inspire the utmost confidence in your nutritional knowledge base.
    If you don't want to bother finding a decent basic nutrition textbook, you could also read a reliable internet site, such as this one:
    http://www.nutrition.gov/smart-nutrition-101

51637601.png
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Thou has been deemed unworthy of further attention by His Highness the Calorie Cop, gotolam.

Indeed, your very gender is in question.

Off with his head! :D
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Probably more than you want to learn right now (this is geared toward nursing students), but try:
    Williams' Basic Nutrition and Diet Therapy
    by Staci Nix
    published by Mosby
    ISBN 9780323051996 (for the 13th edition)

In chapter 15, starting on page 287, it discusses food misinformation & fads, including how to evaluate claims so you don't get sucked into believing something unhealthy or even dangerous.

Of course, it also has basic info about the macronutrients, micronutrients, healthy intake levels...