Is your 'goal' a number or a look?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• gsdz4me
    gsdz4me Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I started out for health (getting fitter by walking) and then it flowed on from there, looking at diet, how I look and feel about myself. I do have a goal but even now I just feel so much better within myself health wise and my body has given me signs it is getting back on track health wise.
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Originally it was a number on the scale. Now, it is how I feel and how I well I sleep. Obviously getting into smaller sizes is nice too but I really don't pay much mind to the scale anymore.
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Look/feel for me.
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I have an estimate of where I want to be but it is based on previous experience of how I felt and looked at that weight. Right now I'm just trying to eat healthier and drop some weight and then start toning. Just have to find time for exercise in my hectic schedule.
  • kgulett
    kgulett Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Mine's both. A number for health reason's...a look for me!
  • merryberry99
    merryberry99 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    My goal goes back and forth. At first, thinking numbers are so frustrating and hard to really nail down, I decided to just go with my overall happiness with my body and the way my clothes fit. However, after some time, I decided I should check my weight...now I'm back into the number game (and I don't like it).
  • hollyj365
    hollyj365 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I know this is gonna sound strange, but my goal right now is to be able to shop at wal-mart. Most of the plus size clothes at walmart are both to small for me and they look like old lady clothes. So once I am able to pick up an outfit from "that" side of the store I will be stoked and will be going for the "look". I try not to get on the scale because I don't see the number going down but I do see the pants getting a little bit bigger.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    The answer is yes. The main big goal is to lose 100lbs. The next goal after that is to be in size 12 pants... Which may not happen because I have birthing hips like a hippo... Literally can feel my pelvis bones at this point and I don't think I'll be having any bone shaving surgeries... If I don't get into size 12 pants It's not the end of the world. My look goal is to look like my Ma did in high school. I'm getting there!

Oh and for anyone who thinks size 12 pants is huge, try being 5'11" then come talk to me. I will never be a size 0 or 2 and I'm perfectly happy about it. I'll take my height over being short any day!

About 4 years ago I told a friend (I was a size 10/12 at the time) "I know I will never be a size 6 again, but I just want to feel comfortable in my own skin and not dread buying new clothes because I can't stand looking at myself in the mirror". Today I am a size 0-4 depending on the brand. So never say NEVER! I still have a hard time believing it, because I had 'birthing hips' too!
  • magpie0
    magpie0 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    It used to be 120lbs but it still looks wrong to me. Silly warped view of myself.
  • learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal is a look, but it seems a bit overwhelming and takes me a long time, so I can only focus on the next 2kgs lost.

What do the random looking numbers mean under some of the profiles ie 7896694?
  • itstartswithastep
    Options
    Personally for me it's a number, 126lbs to be precise. That's what I aim to reach, and keep that in mind everyday. Having said that, if I reach 126 I might increase weight training and gain to about 130lbs but muscle of course. However, we'll see when I get there, but it is the goal !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!