My success with Jillian Michael's workouts

Options
deedzzz
deedzzz Posts: 220 Member
I started 30 day shred in February 2013, it took me 6 weeks to finish it. I did each level 10 times over 2 weeks each.
Then i started Ripped in 30. Did it in 4 weeks, as I was away for a week.
Then I started 6 week 6 pack 3 weeks ago. And i am more than half way through it. I am already in the 2nd week of the 2nd level.

I lost a total of 10-12 pounds, but dropped 3 pants sizes

9c753541-4ddf-4334-80a4-59cf63438425_zpsefdd9e82.jpg

Replies

• mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!!! You look great
  • deedzzz
    Options

I hope this is motivation enough for you to start it too!! :laugh:
  • 243lee
    243lee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    wow! great! thanks... i am much more motivated right now!
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options

I hope this is motivation enough for you to start it too!! :laugh:

Definitely!!!! It's posts like this that made me want to do it! I can't wait to get to target tonight and stock up on free weights :) Thanks for the motivation!!!
  • deedzzz
    Options
    <---

my profile pic shows how much muscle I actually gained (in my biceps and hopefully in my entire body!)
  • Dfracassa
    Dfracassa Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Holy hell! I did the exact same thing as you, but I didn't lose any weight, and only two inches, total, overall. I mean, I didn't exactly finish RI30 and 6W6P, but I got close. Some other things got in my way right at the end, and then I started IF, and now I'm back to doing videos whenever I don't feel like running or biking. Nice job! You look fantastic. :-)
  • deedzzz
    Options
    Holy hell! I did the exact same thing as you, but I didn't lose any weight, and only two inches, total, overall. I mean, I didn't exactly finish RI30 and 6W6P, but I got close. Some other things got in my way right at the end, and then I started IF, and now I'm back to doing videos whenever I don't feel like running or biking. Nice job! You look fantastic. :-)

Thank youuu! And I feel great too! I still have a lot of belly fat to shed so i am sticking to my JM regimen!

And i did not lose a lot of weight. The first 10 pounds were gone in the first 5-6 weeks and the last 2 come and go. Crazy fluctuation. I have had the same weight since i finished the 30 day shred. But I did lose a lot of inches since. I started with pants size 12, and i am down to a 6, and those started feeling a bit more comfortable!
  • ramonafrincu
    ramonafrincu Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!! Can u please tell us about the diet during these workouts? How many calories did u eat? And how much is your height? Thanks loads!! :flowerforyou:
  • deedzzz
    Options
    You look awesome!!! Can u please tell us about the diet during these workouts? How many calories did u eat? And how much is your height? Thanks loads!! :flowerforyou:

I am 5'5 and started with 163, and i am 150-152 lbs at that moment.
    I eat somewhere around 1200-1400 calories ...
    My 30 minute workout burns around 200-250 calories.

Honestly, diet-wise all I did was eat normally but controlled my portions.
    I eat out most days of the week and cook on the weekends.
    When I eat out, I try to get something relatively healthy. Although I do get a burger or pizza once every 2 weeks or so.
    I drastically reduced my alcohol intake too. And i barely ever have deep fried stuff.
    I would steal a couple of french fries from my boyfriend's plate
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Great results! Thanks for sharing! Very inspiring! :smile:
  • kayaksara
    kayaksara Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I love this! You look great! Now THAT is progress!

I am hooked on the Jillian workouts starting with 30 day shred a few months back. Now I am a week into Body Revolution. I am haven't lost a lot and I don't measure (I should) but I am wearing the jeans I would normally wear if I were about 8-10 pounds lighter. So it's working. I also eat at 1200 calories or a few hundred more on workout days or weekends). I am 5'1" and 142 lbs. Looking to keep shrinking and staying strong. Still hoping to hit 125 and evaluate from there.

Good luck everyone! :)
  • Dena216
    Dena216 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    WOW! You are my inspiration!!!!! I'm saving this thread so I can look back :-) I had my 2nd baby 6 months ago and I've just started 30 day shred last week. I'm also running now and doing Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis 90 day program. I've dropped 3 sizes in 2 months and plan to try to drop 2 more sizes at least. I have the belly like in your original photo, good to know I can lose that with working out.

Did you do any other workouts besides the jillian dvd's?
  • deedzzz
    Options

I am hooked on the Jillian workouts starting with 30 day shred a few months back. Now I am a week into Body Revolution. I am haven't lost a lot and I don't measure (I should) but I am wearing the jeans I would normally wear if I were about 8-10 pounds lighter. So it's working. I also eat at 1200 calories or a few hundred more on workout days or weekends). I am 5'1" and 142 lbs. Looking to keep shrinking and staying strong. Still hoping to hit 125 and evaluate from there.

KayakSara, do take before and after pictures!
    I didn't measure either, but once I compared my pictures I was stunned at how much my body changed!!
    It will keep you motivated if you can actually see the difference
  • deedzzz
    Options
    WOW! You are my inspiration!!!!! I'm saving this thread so I can look back :-) I had my 2nd baby 6 months ago and I've just started 30 day shred last week. I'm also running now and doing Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis 90 day program. I've dropped 3 sizes in 2 months and plan to try to drop 2 more sizes at least. I have the belly like in your original photo, good to know I can lose that with working out.

Did you do any other workouts besides the jillian dvd's?

DKNY, no that was it! I only did that 30 min workout almost everyday, took a day or two off a week.
    I am a lazy person by nature and doing those 30 minutes was A LOT for me :tongue:

But they delivered and i am very satisfied. Other people did more cardio workouts and they had even better results.

Congrats on the baby! :flowerforyou:
    and good luck!!! If you need any suggestion or advice I can gladly help out
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Great results!
  • Jess830409
    Jess830409 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Awesome results!! I am on Level 2 Day 7 of 30 Day Shred. I took before pics and measurements and hope to have half the results you did!

I am also glad to see that it took you longer than 30 days to do the shred because I am doing it over 6-8 weeks myself - didint want to overwhelm or discourage myself - so it is nice to see you still had results :)
  • ssami_89
    ssami_89 Posts: 79
    Options
    Do you think that I would be able to do the 30 day shred? I had back surgery but I recently was cleared for normal activity within reason.
  • deedzzz
    Options
    Do you think that I would be able to do the 30 day shred? I had back surgery but I recently was cleared for normal activity within reason.

I don't know honestly.
    It's hardest on the knees, and there are some ab movements that you need to do laying on your back, but there's a beginner version.
    I think it's best if you show some of the workout moves to your dr. and ask him - just in case
  • kayaksara
    kayaksara Posts: 157 Member
    Options

KayakSara, do take before and after pictures!
    I didn't measure either, but once I compared my pictures I was stunned at how much my body changed!!
    It will keep you motivated if you can actually see the difference

I know! I really should be taking pictures. Measure, something. I told myself I was going to do that before body revolution and I just didn't do it. This weekend. I should do it this weekend! THANKS for the inspiration! :)
  • deedzzz
    Options
    Awesome results!! I am on Level 2 Day 7 of 30 Day Shred. I took before pics and measurements and hope to have half the results you did!

I am also glad to see that it took you longer than 30 days to do the shred because I am doing it over 6-8 weeks myself - didint want to overwhelm or discourage myself - so it is nice to see you still had results :)

Before I started the 30 day shred i was a vegetable. I started doing random exercises i found online for a week or two, but the 30 day shred was my first real workout in years. I took it somewhat easy and figured this is a lifestyle change and i have all the time in the world ... it wasn't something i expected to do in 30 days and be done forever with.

Take you time, do it on a regular basis. If you feel like you need more time on a level then do it. Eventually, you will see results.
    I started with 3lb weights on the first level of the 30 day shred but by level 2 they were too light so i upped it to 5 lbs weights.
    From what I have noticed you progress day by day