Half of a Success Story! Down 201

Options
124»

Replies

• mrsjay4life
    mrsjay4life Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Am very proud of you and thx for sharing your story.
    If I may ask did you lost it just using MFP? You can just answer "Yes" or " No"!
  • MGreensides
    MGreensides Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Wow! Your determination is inspirational. Thank you for sharing
  • Autazell
    Autazell Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable! You are a superstar.
  • figureformin
    figureformin Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration to me, I really admire your determination, Keep up the awesome work:)
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    ok, hopefully I did this right! It's not the most recent as I am about 20lbs lighter than the last pic, but I shall update soon enough :)

ok..fail...let try AGAIN!!

c913f5d1-0f03-441a-b01a-2da23b6637fd_zps5dda3555.jpg

Incredible progress. Congrats!! Keep up the great work!
  • AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your touching comments :) It's nice to get positive feedback to spur me along to lose the second lot of 200lbs! :) Hopefully I will have a thread in the next 2 years celebrating 400+lbs lost! That would be AWESOME! :D
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    You think 204 pounds in 2 1/2 years is slow? I think that's really fast and to lose that amount of weight in that time frame along with a disability is AMAZING!!!

What an inspiration you are!!!
  • KlaJWolf
    KlaJWolf Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • booksgiver
    booksgiver Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am so happy for you! I noticed that some folks assumed that you'd not had any type of gastric surgery and even made comments implying that non-surgery somehow made you superior over someone who did not have surgery. Don't be dismayed at those sort of remarks because the important thing is that you lost the weight the RIGHT way for you and the way you were advised to do by medical professionals. Your overall health has likely vastly improved not to mention your self esteem, so don't let anyone diminish your happiness over this major WIN1
  • mmcape
    mmcape Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job! Please don't feel that the surgery was an easy fix. My sister had a gastric bypass after losing 71 pounds on her own before it and 101 since and every step of the way--- pre surgery and after was a lot of work a dedication. I think the most positive thing about the surgery is that she did not hit a plateau and not move like with other methods. I think all of us one this site have done the roller coaster (I've lost 83 pounds at the most and put back on and then lost the same 25-40 again and again and again.. this time is the final!) I'm down 22 now and have about 85 to go, but I truly believe this will be the last time. I'm not going to ignore a gain anymore... even if it is "just a little". My sister has eliminated 2/3 of the medications that she was on now that she is almost to goal. My sister's success is now my inspiration. She has worked very hard pre-surgery and post-surgery. With so much to lose, sometimes surgery is the answer, but it isn't a quick fix or "cheating" or anything of the like. I hope you will follow the path that is best for you. Good luck!
  • AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thanks :) No surgery is not a quick fix at all. I had a sleeve gastrectomy (only the stomach bit) and lost just under 150 quickly but then hit a plateau and then started to GAIN!!!! With a lot of soul search and working out how my body works and how to get it to lose weight has been quite the journey! I'm not as lucky as some...some have some sort of WLS and they are skinny in a year. Not so for me sadly. BUT!!! I am thankful for that. With a lifetime of obesity and a family full of obesity running back several generations, I needed this, I needed to be confronted with the fact that *I* and ONLY *I*, have to a) figure out my metal demons, b) accept that my body and genes don't allow me to eat things that other people can and c) follow through with what I learn. It's all well and good to know what works with your body chemistry but it is a whole other ball game to actually do it.

Along with a long family history of fatties (obesity was not a word when my 500+lbs great great aunt walked the earth), I have pcos (slows down the metabolism nicely! ugh! and I have binge eating disorder.....along with bone on bone arthritis in my hips, bad knees, bipolar II, psoriasis, gluten intolerance, and omg, I could go on and on!!!

I'm not going to say "if I can, you can" I HATE HATE HATE when people say that, but what I will say is that if you take the time to accept the fact that your body is unique and work with the cards you are dealt you will succeed. SuzieQ over there may be able to eat 2000 cals of donuts and still lose, Jonny over there might be able to be a vegetarian and lose, Lucy might be able to eat her TDEE and lose. I have tried all the above and they don't work for me. I'm not going to preach about what DOES work for me because everyone is different and those who succeed long term, work it out for themselves :)

Again, thanks for all your kind words, they DO help :)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    way to go
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!