Just cannot get the motivation

Options
2»

Replies

• Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Strip down and take pictures of your entire body in florescent light. And no flattering myspace-fat-girl angles.

If that doesn't kick you in the butt, nothing will.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    It is easy to fall back into bad eating habits when you are new to weight loss. The key is not to procrastinate over it because procrastination doesn't burn fat.
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Well if you have shed weight in the past, then you need to repeat what you did back then.

Harsh words from us, might help right not or may not but we cannot be there to stop you going for the extra slice of pizza. You have to want to do it

So , hard work, logging , lifting and exercise between now and next Christmas and you can achieve your goal...

but do you really want it badly enough... Hope you do ..now get on it
  • troutrouter
    Options
    Weight loss is about self-accountability, self-control, and self-motivation.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Decision is necessary, not motivation. You decide every day to take the steps needed to lose the weight. Then, on the days where you didn't do it perfectly, you don't give up. If you blow it by lunchtime, you don't say the heck with it, I'll eat everything all day since I blew it already. And you certainly don't let that bleed into the next day and say, I already blew it yesterday so might as well eat what I want today. You go back to your plan immediately, log it, don't blame yourself, move on.

That said, don't choose an unrealistically low calorie goal that makes it hard to stick to. Plan some treats into your calorie goals so that you don't feel deprived.

Use a food scale for accurate logging. Move some every day.

You will be on your way to your goal in no time.
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I agree with those who say to start small and build up because that worked for me. Start with committing to tracking, not restricting what you eat but just diligently tracking it. You want a cookie, okay eat it and track it! I think you'll notice that that will help you get your eating under control a little. The next step is to start trying to stay within a calorie range, while still tracking. The key is to take it one moment at a time--committ to tracking this thing right now, rather than tracking forever (or even all day, which can still feel overwhelming).

Some other tips that help with staying on track:
    • Pay attention to how hungry you feel when you eat different things. For me, I feel more satisfied if I eat foods that are high volume, high protein, high fat. So, a big salad with skin on chicken thighs will keep me full for much longer than a chicken breast wrap with the same number of calories will. It's easier to resist temptation when you don't feel like you're starving!
    • Don't deny yourself eating things you like, rather moderate them. For example, I love ice cream, so I plan to have a serving of ice cream every night. I choose lower calorie options that still taste good, so it's not hard to fit in an extra 100-150 calories of happiness. It makes me feel less deprived and gives me a food to look forward to.
    • When there's an unplanned temptation (like someone brings cupcakes to the office), I don't say "I can't have that" because that just makes me cram three in my mouth. Instead, I ask myself if it's worth the calories. If the answer is yes, then I usually choose to wait to eat it. If I still want it after a set amount of time (such as after lunch or after my next meeting) and it's still there, then I'll eat it and enjoy it and know it's worth it. However, 9 times out of 10 I don't really want it as much anymore and it's easier to resist or it might even be gone (in which case I've never been sad not to have it).
    • Know your trigger foods. For me it's crisps. I can eat and enjoy a portion controlled amount, but I cannot serve myself out of a multi-serving bag--I'll eat the whole bag (even if I measure each serving out, I'll just keep going back and getting another one). So, when I'm on my own, I just don't buy them. When I'm with my family and they want them for the house, I buy single serving packs. They cost a bit more up front but end up cheaper than me eating a whole bag by myself!
    • Most importantly, don't give up! You can do this, one moment and one bite at a time!

Good luck!
  • emilymean
    emilymean Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Set a date, maybe this Friday, eat all the things in the meantime (get all your cravings out of your system). Next, clean out your cupboards and refrigerator, make a healthy shopping list, plan your meals ahead of time and move forward. Weigh yourself, weigh your foods, eat at a deficit, add exercise, look at you 3 months from now all healthy and happy with yourself again. Good luck.
  • YoWhadup
    YoWhadup Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Think of this: This time next year, you'll be kicking yourself in the *kitten* for not starting today. Imagine the possibilities of having a whole year left to go. Think about, if you start today, where you will be a year or 6 months or even a month down the road!
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    So that's how the whole birds and bees thing works....you fall pregnant.

Lucky I have good balance. :D
  • Chlo92x
    Chlo92x Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I always find it helps to look at fitness twitter accounts for motivation, they post pictures of HOT bodies and diet tips and work out plans and motivational quotes!

here are a few:
    @LiftingandGirls
    @HeaIth365
    @HeaIthyTips
    @HeaIthyNotes
    @FlTNESS
    @FlTNESSpics
    @FitspirationaI

I also always get super mtoivated and feel good when I weigh and see results :blush:

Think about how you want to look in 6 months and work for it :)
  • Chlo92x
    Chlo92x Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    This picture motivates me, this is how I want to look in Ibiza this year :grin:

dhvlx14eln14.jpg
    3.jpg 45.9K
  • polkadotty88
    polkadotty88 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I agree with those who say to start small and build up because that worked for me. Start with committing to tracking, not restricting what you eat but just diligently tracking it. You want a cookie, okay eat it and track it! I think you'll notice that that will help you get your eating under control a little. The next step is to start trying to stay within a calorie range, while still tracking. The key is to take it one moment at a time--committ to tracking this thing right now, rather than tracking forever (or even all day, which can still feel overwhelming).

Some other tips that help with staying on track:
    • Pay attention to how hungry you feel when you eat different things. For me, I feel more satisfied if I eat foods that are high volume, high protein, high fat. So, a big salad with skin on chicken thighs will keep me full for much longer than a chicken breast wrap with the same number of calories will. It's easier to resist temptation when you don't feel like you're starving!
    • Don't deny yourself eating things you like, rather moderate them. For example, I love ice cream, so I plan to have a serving of ice cream every night. I choose lower calorie options that still taste good, so it's not hard to fit in an extra 100-150 calories of happiness. It makes me feel less deprived and gives me a food to look forward to.
    • When there's an unplanned temptation (like someone brings cupcakes to the office), I don't say "I can't have that" because that just makes me cram three in my mouth. Instead, I ask myself if it's worth the calories. If the answer is yes, then I usually choose to wait to eat it. If I still want it after a set amount of time (such as after lunch or after my next meeting) and it's still there, then I'll eat it and enjoy it and know it's worth it. However, 9 times out of 10 I don't really want it as much anymore and it's easier to resist or it might even be gone (in which case I've never been sad not to have it).
    • Know your trigger foods. For me it's crisps. I can eat and enjoy a portion controlled amount, but I cannot serve myself out of a multi-serving bag--I'll eat the whole bag (even if I measure each serving out, I'll just keep going back and getting another one). So, when I'm on my own, I just don't buy them. When I'm with my family and they want them for the house, I buy single serving packs. They cost a bit more up front but end up cheaper than me eating a whole bag by myself!
    • Most importantly, don't give up! You can do this, one moment and one bite at a time!

Good luck!

Hey thanks so much loved this comment thanks x