Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• lyhyl
    lyhyl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »

my MUM nearly walked past me outside the gym the other week! new gym wear combined with shorter hair and apparently I just didn't register as same person hehe

LOL! Don't let her live it down! ;-)

• HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    One strange thing: before I started losing weight, I never really noticed what other people looked like. Now that I've lost some (and I still have a long way to go) I really notice other people who are fat. Not in a judgmental way, but I think I used to use other people to "normalize" my own weight. As in "I'm not fat, I'm just like everybody else around me!" It was a way of letting me ignore my own problem.

This has happened to me too, though I'd chalk it up to a side effect of me paying more attention to my own body then wondering what's going on in theirs, as opposed to using it to normalise myself. Like when I got to a certain point in weight loss and started to lose my butt (*kitten*!) then that had me thinking about the butts of those around me :) Or when I ate something that didn't agree with me (a rarer and therefore more noticeable condition these days since I eat less junk) then I wonder if anybody else's distended belly is caused by the gurgles and/or inflammation of poor eating habits or if it's caused by something else. Everything body related I'd just pushed to the back of my mind before, so I wasn't thinking about it for myself or the general public.
  • anonuser369
    anonuser369 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've lost my weight fast...22 pounds since Jan 1. This, after struggling here for 8 years and never getting anywhere What is surprising is how i look like my old self again. I feel young again. Almost like? was I really overweight for 8 years! it is like saying hello to an old friend.. hello old face! hello old body! No, not perfect..but just good ole me. i thought i'd never ever look like my old self again, that too much time had passed. It is amazing and so worth it all.

So what did you do differently now?
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    All the food dreams!
  • kalahmarii
    kalahmarii Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    kalahklass wrote: »
    Does anybody else have like, a double bum effect going on? I've got my nice, new muscular butt up top, and my sad old flat bum below. Its making it kind of annoying to wear jeans hahaha

I totally understand this! I was just joking with my husband the other day that my butt has a butt because the lose skin has gathered right below it. It's especially noticeable while wearing stretchy spandex workout pants. I just figure they're my victory flags for losing all that weight!

Oh my goodness, well at least I'm not the only one? :D

• GoalGal50
    GoalGal50 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Does anybody else have like, a double bum effect going on? I've got my nice, new muscular butt up top, and my sad old flat bum below. Its making it kind of annoying to wear jeans hahaha

I totally understand this! I was just joking with my husband the other day that my butt has a butt because the lose skin has gathered right below it. It's especially noticeable while wearing stretchy spandex workout pants. I just figure they're my victory flags for losing all that weight!

Oh my goodness, well at least I'm not the only one? :D

Lol, wow how much weight did you lose to have that effect?

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!