• natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Bump :) love this thread!
  • lexen_crisus
    lexen_crisus Posts: 4 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Being able to cross my legs very easily. I couldn't at all before, now I find it a very comfortable position
    Still have the flabby thing on my thighs, but I don't get thigh rub anymore
    When I lay down, my hip bones are visible
    My collarbones show now, and so do my shoulder blades a little
    My hands aren't just chunks of meat anymore: I can easily wear rings that would've amputated my fingers before; you can see my wrist bones (sounds unhealthy, I know), but they're not hidden under a ton of fat anymore
    I can easily get into weird sitting/laying positions; I feel more flexible
    Definitely the huge confidence boost I've gotten. I used to wear hoodies 24/7, even when it was like 120 outside (welcome to texas) to hide my body, but now I wear tops that are half the size of those hoodies. I wear dresses more often (never even tried them on before, cuz I couldn't get them on to begin with), shorts, tshirts/tank tops, and I find it easy to walk in heels now
    My jawline is so much prominent now, and so is my nose and every other feature on my face really. Before it was just a blob of fat, and everything looked ridiculous. I thought I'd need to get plastic surgery at one point to fix my smushed nose, but now it looks completely different! Not to mention that I lost my double chin.
    Also, I have Venus dimples now :D but I think that's partially cuz of working out as well (mainly the squats would've had an impact)
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    @silverarcheress‌ I'm sorry to hear that your mom was not excited for your achievement. Way to go for understanding that it might be more of a reflection of where she's at and not really your success. Glad your happy with your loss.
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed and relieved at how easily I can fit in a restaurant booth now... and how easy it is to slide out again!
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
  • hollyhawk133
    hollyhawk133 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How about when the bath towel fits around you again? Or when your hair looks like it's grown a foot, but you actually just have less back for it to cover?
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Being able to climb in our vehicles with the steering wheel in the "down" position after my husband drives instead of having to move it up to accommodate my belly and legs is a surprising result of weight loss! I also drive school bus and now have my steering wheel set in the lowest position there also, because it's more comfortable a reach for my arms and I can see the gauges better. Last week one of the other drivers had to use my bus because I took our "activity" bus on a field trip and when I hopped in the next morning I had to adjust the wheel back down. Before, I was always the one adjusting it up!

55835802.png
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    How about when the bath towel fits around you again? Or when your hair looks like it's grown a foot, but you actually just have less back for it to cover?

Good one. The way my long hair lay over my back/shoulders when I was 80+ lbs heavier was something that really bothered me. I still remember feeling horrible when I saw my backside on the surveillance camera monitors while I was waiting in line as a gas station, and what made me feel most horrible was the way my hair lay over an obese backside. It did not lay the way I imagined it did or should.
    Now 80+ lbs lighter I've noticed my hair is laying so differently now, more like how I imagined it should lay. Hard to explain, but it doesn't doesn't look all spread out over a large body anymore, basically, the silhouette of my hair is just more attractive laying over a smaller body.

• MartyCCC
    MartyCCC Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is so cool to read. So many of the same things- the knees! Crossing my legs without having to pull up my leg and hold it there, the collarbones I forgot I have! The airplane thing really freaked me out. The first time I flew with my husband after losing most of my weight, I said I wanted to fly that airline always because the seats were so much bigger! He said, no, honey, they are the same - you're so much smaller! I really hadn't thought of that. But on a daily basis, my mind has definitely not caught up as far as self-image. I do a double take pretty much every time I see myself in a mirror. I just look really different that I think I do. This has been so empowering- and to do it 100% on my own, with YouTube videos and MyFitnessPal as my trainers. Yippee! Congrats to you all!
  • MartyCCC
    MartyCCC Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah- and freezing all the time! And, unfortunately, some very lovely flaps under my arms. I'll wear them with pride, knowing how they they used to be.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I thought of a fun one for me today ... we have turnstyles at work. I don't have to advance the turnstyle but can sneak into the one that's only half-exposed! :smiley: Such a silly thing!
  • empireman85
    empireman85 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    What a great thread!!

• HelenWater
    HelenWater Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My balance has improved! I thought that I couldn't balance on one leg due to ageing, but 28kg lost and my balance is so much better. It means I can enjoy bush walking again. Oh, and my bush walking boots fit again as my swollen ankles are shrinking.
  • waldo11690
    waldo11690 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    blessybuva wrote: »
    -seeing myself as a completely different person
    -being A LOT more confident than I thought I would be
    -not being afraid to chat up cute girls
    - knees and hips feel awkward when lying in bed
    -cold all the time, which I actually dislike. I used to walk around in shorts in the dead of winter. I miss that
    -just realised the other day that when there's a physical job around the house/garden Im the first one to jump up and offer to do it. never did that before
    -I had no idea what the actual shape of my face was, until the fat was gone. I actually like it, which NEVER happened before
    -I thought I would always have to restrict myself from tasty but unhealthy food. turns out I don't like it anymore. didn't expect that!

I can relate to getting cold more easily.
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options

lol, @hollyhawk133‌, I took that literally for me as a guy. It's true too, though not a foot long, more like with higher density :smile:
  • MsBeverleyH
    MsBeverleyH Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    BRaye325 wrote: »
    Love that, it's so true!!
    These are the best rewards I received:
    Lose 10 lbs - Off 1 prescription, no more acid reflux
    Lose 20 lbs - Helped someone on MFP with advice and support
    Lose 30 lbs - Enjoy many nice walks through nature with my wife
    Lose 40 lbs - Compliments from friends & co-workers and my doctor
    Lose 50 lbs - More energy and self-confidence, another prescription gone
    Lose 60 lbs - Being a better role model to my family
    Lose 70 lbs - Wrestling on the floor with my two grandsons :smiley:
    Lose 80 lbs - Hiked for 4 miles around the lake and then sat on the curb watching the St. Patty's Day parade for an hour and a half and I could still get up afterwards. This would have never happened a year ago.

That was such an inspiring list! I think I'll make one at every 10lbs milestone that I face. :smile:
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    bump - I love reading these!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!