Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• healthy_life2015
    healthy_life2015 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    My house is cleaner. I have more energy to do things. So I'm picking up more often etc. Instead of sitting on the couch worn out tired.

This is so true!! If I have a busy day at work and don't get to get my steps in, I almost always putter around the house cleaning and moving stuff around to get some steps!!

However...making a healthy meal from scratch is much messier than burger and fries takeout so my kitchen is generally much messier now!!!
  • sbeam26
    sbeam26 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When I lost lost weight (from 250 to 145 now, trying to get to 125) I found that my feet shrunk! Not only did I have to buy all new clothes, but I had to buy all new shoes as well. Went from a size 8.5 in shoes to 7.5 :smile:
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    sbeam26 wrote: »
    When I lost lost weight (from 250 to 145 now, trying to get to 125) I found that my feet shrunk! Not only did I have to buy all new clothes, but I had to buy all new shoes as well. Went from a size 8.5 in shoes to 7.5 :smile:

I wouldnt really throw out the shoes yet! My feet have shrunk every time I lose weight, but when I started running this last time, they grew right back despite my weight continuing to drop! No clue how or why, but I regret getting rid of my older bigger shoes!
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    KevannC wrote: »
    Your weiner appears bigger lmao! Dr Oz said an inch every 30 lbs but I think it's more like every 42 lbs lmao.
    Again with the wiener myth! Dr. Oz can say anything he likes but I'm still waiting for those magical inches to appear. :|
  • kimberlyhurt
    kimberlyhurt Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I put on a pair of my fiance's shorts today and they fit!!! I've been bigger than him since we met :)
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I put so much more effort into my appearance now; makeup, hair did, put together outfit... When I was 300+ lbs I couldn't have cared less about what I looked like when I left the house.
  • granturismo
    granturismo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My clothes are looser fitting and I cant afford to replace them. It was cheaper for me to order from US websites I liked, and pay import duty to Europe when the dollar was weak against the euro but now the euro has taken a hit. First world problem.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    I put so much more effort into my appearance now; makeup, hair did, put together outfit... When I was 300+ lbs I couldn't have cared less about what I looked like when I left the house.

I've had the opposite effect. When I was close to 300 lbs, I compensated with makeup, hair, clothes and accessories.
    Seemed like I couldn't go even to the corner store without needing at least an hour to be presentable.

As I've lost weight, I've been wearing less and less makeup, more simple/basic clothes (this one is partly because they are transitional clothing), and don't fuss much at all over my hair. And if I need to run out to do a quick errand, I feel I look good enough 'as is' that I can just run out the door.

I am this way too, I may work on the outfits more, but that is because I have a lot more options. On clothes, makeup and hair, I don't work on it as much for the most part.
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Was able to run 3 miles 3 times this week. Personal best! Couch to 5k totally works!
    I totally agree with this! We seem to be in similar places with running. C25K worked for me, too. I could barely do the first week first day, when I first started. I'm now using MapMyRun for my 3 miles, 3 times per week.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

Pretty much the same here. I definitely put more effort into my appearance now. I think I feel more like I am worth it now.

I wear a lot more dresses and skirts now too. I never even used to look at dresses in stores unless I needed one for a specific event. Now the dresses are the first things I look at in any clothing store.
  • linkirving
    linkirving Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    The biggest thing for me is the increase in energy. I actually enjoy walking and hiking now. For 10+ years, I refused to go anywhere that involved stairs or walking more than a block. Now I walk 5+ miles every single day, and even go hiking for fun.

• BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I have to buy pants that have longer inseams because either my legs have gotten longer or my pants are shrinking. What I think it is, is that I've now developed actual hips, so the waist of my pants is "anchored" above my hips where previously, it would slide down. Just about every pair of my "fat" pants had the heels shredded because my pants would sag and I'd literally walk that part of my pants off.
    So, I've been buying pants with the same 30" inseam and I have the proverbial "high water" look going on with all my pants when I sit down. They're ok when I'm standing/walking, though.
  • hartmamp
    hartmamp Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My biggest surprise so far is my skin has cleared dramatically. I haven't cut anything out so I really can't figure out why, but I'll take it.
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    hartmamp, maybe the clearer skin due to more water intake, more veggies? Whatever the reason, that's great.
    I have gone down one pant size. My loss is slowing way up now, but I feel better, stronger, and know eventually I will be where I want to get to. I can't even remember when the last time I have been sick. I know I am beginning a new way to live and am liking it.
  • kern11
    kern11 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    mind catching up with the body for sure
  • evivahealth
    evivahealth Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    My belly button now looks like an actual belly button!
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I have to sleep. . . flatter. I used to need neck support, now I get buy with a really thin/small pillow. It's like I had to relearn how to lay down comfortably. Also I can button the top button of my dress shirts now. Sleeves are always too dang short, though.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!