Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• wick3tgirl
    wick3tgirl Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    really thought I wouldnt get this one that so many of you mentioned, but yeah, it happened: my butt hurts if there is insufficient padding on the seat. it mostly just happens on the bus, good thing my work commute is only 20 minutes and now that the weather is better, I can make it with the bike :smiley:
  • mrsjatty
    mrsjatty Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I put so much more effort into my appearance now; makeup, hair did, put together outfit... When I was 300+ lbs I couldn't have cared less about what I looked like when I left the house.

Funny, everyone is different. The more weight I lose the less I feel like I need the hair and makeup. I would not leave the house before without looking 100% in hair, makeup and clothes, I always wanted to look presented. I was paranoid about being called fat and frumpy. Now, I feel much more confident with just me.

• ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I put so much more effort into my appearance now; makeup, hair did, put together outfit... When I was 300+ lbs I couldn't have cared less about what I looked like when I left the house.

Funny, everyone is different. The more weight I lose the less I feel like I need the hair and makeup. I would not leave the house before without looking 100% in hair, makeup and clothes, I always wanted to look presented. I was paranoid about being called fat and frumpy. Now, I feel much more confident with just me.

Funny, I've felt both ways. I no longer feel frumpy when out without getting dolled up and I also put the effort into making myself pretty when I have the time. My middle child likes the natural look and tells me that I don't need makeup, sweet boy.
  • RuthyLOL
    RuthyLOL Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My motorcycle is faster B)

That is hilarious!!! You made me LOL!
  • mausbop
    mausbop Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    This is where I come to find motivation, keep posting pleaaase~ <3
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • CarolWhoDat
    CarolWhoDat Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    CariJean64 wrote: »
    I actually asked my doctor about a lump in the middle of my chest. Who knew I had a STERNUM??? LOL

LOL! I just busted up laughing at this!! :)
  • inkyonne
    inkyonne Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My motorcycle is faster B)

lol~ Good one !
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    aylajane wrote: »
    Alidecker wrote: »
    Gatlen wrote: »
    One last thing - Try this if you can, it'll shock you. I put my weight vest on and added additional weight packets in so I was back up to where I was when I started (I'm down a little over 30 lbs at this point) and I tried to go for one of my normal runs. Holy Crap! The feeling of running at my prior weight compared to now was absolutely mind blowing.

I can't even begin to imagine trying to run carrying over 100 extra pounds on me. I consider myself pretty fit and healthy now but it would kill me to try to run carrying that weight. No wonder it was so hard to even jog when I first started losing weight.

I have lost over 100#s and did farmer's carries in the gym the other day with 110#s, how the heck did I walk around like that all the time? It is crazy when you think of it that way.

You also had more muscle (theoretically- if you have only cut weight without doing a bulk cycle) when you were 100 lbs heavier.

Still, I feel ya. I have lost 62 lbs and my big dog weighs 65 lbs. I cannot walk around carrying her, dear lord.
    aylajane wrote: »
    bads1 wrote: »
    Good thread. The only new one I could add was I noticed all the sleeves on my shirts got longer. 379 - 296 lbs made the sleeves on my coat almost 2 inches longer (back fat mostly).

Lol I love this. I lost like 8 inches off my chest measurement, but my cup size stayed the same - it was all back fat!!!

Psst your cup volume has changed. It was not JUST back fat. A 40D has much more cup volume than a 32D. Here's the best explanation I've read on the subject which could help you (or others) find a good fit after weight loss: http://blog.butterflycollection.ca/2012/05/bra-school-not-all-d-cups-are-same-size.html
    Good picture:
    IMG_9255.JPG
    From Left to Right 30D, 32D, 34D, 36D, 38D. Five different band lengths, five different cup volumes. All D Cups. You can see how bras on the right have much larger cups, despite the fact that they are all D cups.

Thanks for explaining about cup and band sizes in bras. :) I was confused the last two times I went shopping.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I forgot that my wrists would get smaller. I took two watches in to the jeweler to have links removed so that they fit better.
    Also, I love wearing bracelets now that my wrists are thin and elegant.

We are saving lots of money on electricity because we live in the sunny South and we do not run the air conditioner as much now.
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    - my pants are "longer" now as I've lost weight around my middle and hips,
    - I look at the one pair of smaller jeans I've bought and think "those are way too small"
    - I used to (love) bread, I can now do without it so much easier it seems to be a texture issue, it's gummy? I still love a good piece of crunchy toast though :)
    - I surprise my family with how much stronger I am now. They don't have to help me as much.
    - I don't have the bulges on top of my shoulders ( where your bra strap sits) and they are nicely rounded now.
  • LiveLoveRunFar
    LiveLoveRunFar Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I sleep better, sounder. I feel small...every day I am noticing I do not take up a lot of space...in chairs, in the walkway, in the car. People, complete strangers notice me now,again...that feels a bit uncomfortable after 3 years of being ignored and getting used to blending in with buildings, the scenery, the road. hahaha
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!!!
    1. Knowing I can feel all the energy and goodness just from what I eat. Eating better helps me rock through my day.
    2. Being able to talk to ppl more confidently. Especially going on dates.
    3. Losing weight and still having my curves. That was a myth for me.
    4. Spending less on clothes. Losing weight actually saved me money.
    5. A more positive attitude.
    6. Inspiring others
    7. Finding a new career goal.
  • nikclark2
    nikclark2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just started but lost 12lbs. A few things that I have noticed were 1) being able to weed the garden without my legs falling asleep. 2) Not craving things as much as I used too. 3) not feeling depressed. 4) my skin is clearer.

A few things I look forward to are 1) My stomach being flat. 2) having more endurance.
  • ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Put on my running clothes this morning and wondered who replaced my full length mirror with a trick/house of mirrors/ skinny mirror. It took a minute for me to realize that is my same old mirror and that is what I actually look like in my exercise clothes. I think I still have a fat brain.
  • BeginnersBootcamp
    BeginnersBootcamp Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I AM SO COLD!!!
  • svetlay
    svetlay Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Had a good one today - went to the salon to get highlights for the first time and the hairdresser said that people's hair usually splits after treated with bleach, but mine took it well, waay above average. I guess good diet = strong hair.
  • serenitymcc
    serenitymcc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    sodakat wrote: »
    I remember when I bought my first pair of non-plus size jeans, after working my way down through the plus sizes as I lost weight. I would pull them out of the dryer and wonder, "whose jeans are these?"

Lately I've been having confused moments of shock when pulling clothes out of the drier that look like they belong to a teenage girl because they're so much smaller than the 2 and 3 x's I've been in for SO long. It takes me a moment to realize that itty bitty shirt is mine!

I remember about 7 years ago when I did Atkins and quickly lost about 30 pounds (which I, of course, regained and then some), but I was walking along and reached down to brush something off my pant leg only to realize my pant leg was super, super baggy. I thought, "Wow, my pants are getting bigger," but I didn't immediately reconcile it with my body getting smaller. Silly brain!
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    As others have mentioned, I can feel my pulse in my abdominal aorta. Pretty cool.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!