Weight Watchers transition

Options
2»

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think WW sounds like the better program for you, based on your goals and your b&w thinking tendencies. Good luck!
  • ccesq73
    ccesq73 Posts: 21
    Options
    ftsolk wrote: »
    I've been double tracking, but today (technically yesterday) I decided to try tracking on here first and WW second. It was SO much easier to track on here than on there. You can't copy a meal from one day to another on WW, and since I eat leftovers and/or repeat meals a lot, this gets old.

I think my fear is that, in the past, MFP has overhwelmed me. Measuring every bite I put in my mouth was too much.

I made the Hellman's Parmesan Chicken with greek yogurt instead of mayo. With calorie counting, I would weigh each chicken breast, weigh out the yogurt for each individual piece of chicken, etc because if I made a recipe and divided the total ingredients by the number of servings, one piece of chicken might be 250 calories, and another might be

I'm a very black and white/all or nothing thinker. Weight Watchers does allow me to break away from that more than calorie counting, so I'm trying to find an approach that works for me. For now, that means eyeballing fruit and vegetable portions. Maybe in the future, I'll be more accurate, but maybe I won't.

My goal is to be able to develop good enough eating habits so I don't need to track every day. I want to be able to lose and/or maintain my weight loss without needing to obsess over every morsel of food I eat.

While I'm not a huge fan of WW's tracker, you can certainly save foods, recipes and meals. Just type in whatever you named it and it will pop up without you having to enter the information again. You can also see These foods under "Items I Created" under "My Foods."
  • 03julie
    03julie Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Ww takes in to consideration fat more than counting cals. Eg. A chocolate bar can be 200 cals but a quarter of daily allowance of food on ww. Im cpunting cals but also ww pts to make sure im not eating too much fat
  • ftsolk
    ftsolk Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm not really afraid of fat (which is another strike against WW).

And sure I can save foods, but I don't eat the EXACT same thing every week. For example, the past two weeks, I've been making breakfast sandwiches with applegate chicken sausage, egg, cinnamon raisin Ezekiel english muffins, and sharp cheddar cheese. Next week, however, I'm going with ham or turkey with pepperjack cheese on 7 grain English muffins. So, copying from one day to the next is actually easier.

I think one of the things I like about MFP is the transparency of it. I wear a Fitbit and while WW gives me activity points, I don't know how it works. I don't know how much activity I need to do to earn activity points. I don't know how active WW assumes I am. I don't know how much of my daily allowance includes free fruits and vegetables.

Here, I know exactly what's going on. I know how the Fitbit exercise calories work. Everything is out in the open, and I think that's better for me.

My mom took our scale with her when babysitting, so I won't know how I did this week until I weigh in Monday, but I haven't been tracking on Weight Watchers for a few days. I feel like I might be eating too much because I'm definitely eating more now than I was on WW, but on the other hand, I could have been eating too little before. I tend to eat 1,300-1,900 calories a day, but this week, I've been eating 1,600-1,800. Of course, a nice chunk of that is fruit/vegetables, and I have been allowing myself to have a treat most nights. Thursday, it was Annie's animal cookies and a banana (that I didn't eat with breakfast). Last night, I had Dole strawberry dippers. I've also added in a bottle of Synergy kombucha, although I'm also looking into making my own kombucha to save money.