Winter workouts?

2»

Replies

• goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    I go to the gym. Yes, it's freezing cold out. No, I don't want to get up at 5:15 (usually hit snooze and hang out in the warm bed for a little while longer) but if I don't get up early and go to the gym I won't go in the afternoon or at night. Either way it would mean that I have to leave the house and venture out into the cold so might as well do it early and get it over with. And FWIW: I work at home so my "getting up to go to work" doesn't include stepping a foot outside which really makes going to the gym early in the cold that much worse but I still do it for the reasons above.

I also do DDP Yoga in the afternoons.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Alidecker wrote: »
    I don't get the idea that going to the gym when it is cold is any bigger a deal than going to work when it is.

You know, people will say insane things to me like, "It's 7F outside! What do you mean you're swimming at 5:30 in the morning???""

It might be lower than the teens outside, but the water in the pool is still like 80...

You mean you aren't swimming in an outdoor pool? Ha, people say that to me all the time, like I swim and walk outside to my car without drying off an putting clothes on or something.

Well, I genuinely DO need to acclimate to cold water for some swims I want to do, but none of those swims are of the Lynne Cox in Antarctica sort!