Fat boy syndrome.

2»

Replies

• nasedjbalerksjdblaredbfadlcjbflb
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    edited January 2015
    BFDeal wrote: »
    How tall are you and about how much were your calories when you lost the weight? I'm struggling to try to get to a position where I can try to get results like this. I basically keep hitting a wall at around 225lbs. Just trying to get a grasp on how little I actually have to eat to lose more.

5'10" My maintenance NET calories are about 2000. I used the myfitnesspal model to lose my weight so I ate back my workout calories. Non workout days were around 1600 and workout days were around 2100.

The weight loss was not linear though. The first 25lbs came off pretty fast and the last 25 took forever. It took me a whole year to lose the first 50lbs. Which averages a little less than a pound per week loss. But that is not how it came off. The last 10 pounds took a few month.

My maintenance is net 1950 at 155 lbs so that does seem low, but if it works it works.

I dont think that is that far off actually. It is estimated that an additional pound of muscle burns 5ish more calories per day. So if the difference in our weights was all muscle, which it isnt, that would be 125 calories more per day. Easily within our margins of error.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    BFDeal wrote: »
    How tall are you and about how much were your calories when you lost the weight? I'm struggling to try to get to a position where I can try to get results like this. I basically keep hitting a wall at around 225lbs. Just trying to get a grasp on how little I actually have to eat to lose more.

5'10" My maintenance NET calories are about 2000. I used the myfitnesspal model to lose my weight so I ate back my workout calories. Non workout days were around 1600 and workout days were around 2100.

The weight loss was not linear though. The first 25lbs came off pretty fast and the last 25 took forever. It took me a whole year to lose the first 50lbs. Which averages a little less than a pound per week loss. But that is not how it came off. The last 10 pounds took a few month.

My maintenance is net 1950 at 155 lbs so that does seem low, but if it works it works.

I dont think that is that far off actually. It is estimated that an additional pound of muscle burns 5ish more calories per day. So if all of my weight over yours was muscle, which it isnt, that would be 125 caloires more per day. Easily within our margins of error.

That's true, I go off my Fitbit for the most part anyway and it seems to be pretty accurate.
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Wow you look great. Agree the change at 180 and 170 is stunning...try to shake that fat boy syndrome as you are so far removed from that now. Great work and great effort/commitment...