What's the first thing you do after accepting a FR?

Options
brower47
brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
I like to check out their most recent posts to get an idea of what sort of forum user they are (goofy, helpful, informational, etc).

What do you do, if anything?

Replies

• onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I look to see if there is an open diary, a huge plus. I also usually would like to read something about why they asked me. But now it's gotten to the point where, in order to keep cheering on my friends, I have to limit new requests.

I really like to be able to comment on everyone's milestones and daily entries and also don't want to be on the computer forever (although I pretty much am).

I find that the people here are great and I feel blessed to have the group of friends that I currently have.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    I read their profile, see what kind of workout they are doing, just try to get to know them a bit better
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I look at their profile, pictures, and food/exercise diaries. If I get a request with no message, I look through their recent posts to try to figure out why they wanted to add me.
  • weightlifter01
    weightlifter01 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Normally I post a warm welcome message on their wall :)
  • christy3565
    christy3565 Posts: 349
    Options
    Send a thanks for the friend request message and see if we have anything in common
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    BEFORE accepting, I see if they have an open diary or if they have HUNDREDS of friends already. closed diary or triple digit friend list and I'm skeptical to add them.
  • tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Send a PM, and tell them my real name.
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I just wait and see, some become friends , some only interact on their wall, some I don't get to know at all and I delete. Some are clever, some are fun , some are eye candy , some are all three :)
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Twirl around my living room, in a zebra striped tutu shouting "THEY LOVE ME THEY REALLY LOVE ME" then I text my mom and smash a cupcake into my face.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I visit their profile page and say, "Hi." I'm not gonna try and get the rundown on them.

If I request them and they accept, it's "thanks!"
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I do nothing. I only accept FRs with a message, so if their message told me a bit about themselves or why they want to be friends, that's good enough for me. I'm lazy.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Twirl around my living room, in a zebra striped tutu shouting "THEY LOVE ME THEY REALLY LOVE ME" then I text my mom and smash a cupcake into my face.

i check to see if they are a Hokies fan. if so, i accept but put them on my double secret probation list. ;)
  • Bigbill810
    Bigbill810 Posts: 117
    Options
    Depends on the message that comes with the request. Mostly, I'll take any friends...not snobbing here. There's always the option to delete someone later.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    BEFORE accepting, I see if they have an open diary or if they have HUNDREDS of friends already. closed diary or triple digit friend list and I'm skeptical to add them.

Just out of curiosity, why? My FL is in the triple digits, because I've been on MFP for a while and am active on the forums. So I get a lot of FRs. I still make an effort to interact with all of them and some of them I feel as if I know in real life. My diary is open though.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

I'm sorry to have put you through so much stress. I should have accepted your FR sooner.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Hump them.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I will usually creep their profile before I accept their FR. I will look through the kinds of posts they make, their FL, etc. If they are completely closed, and the message is vague, or I don't know them, I will look for references from friends.

If I accept them, I will send them a PM telling them my real name.

After I accept, I will further creep their wall, and see how much they interact with their friends. I will usually reply to any PMs they have sent in response to my acceptance PM, and see where things go from there. Then I proceed with normal interactions.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options

Just out of curiosity, why? My FL is in the triple digits, because I've been on MFP for a while and am active on the forums. So I get a lot of FRs. I still make an effort to interact with all of them and some of them I feel as if I know in real life. My diary is open though.

I'm not a snob, I'm just skeptical that folks with hundreds of "friends" can interact with and support that many people. If you have that many, and are interacting with them, why would they need/want another.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    First thing, is creep though their photos.
    Second thing, I pm links to junk shots
  • Miss_Meliss86
    Miss_Meliss86 Posts: 372 Member
    Options

Oh good...whew. I thought I was the only one that did something like this!!