Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

What's the first thing you do after accepting a FR?

Options

Replies

• BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I delete them
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    I delete them

hi jof.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    It depends. One friend needed me to buy her a new dress right after we met, so I shopped. Others just need photos. I profile creep them first though to determine what photos I'll send. Not everyone gets to see all of this.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I make them sign a confidentiality agreement.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Not a lot, I would have checked out their profile before accepting them.

However, I will check their posts for the next few days, and if they are logging under 1200 calories a day on a regular basis, I will delete them. Also, every once in a while I purge my friend list to remove those who don't interact much.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Send a thanks for the friend request message and see if we have anything in common

This. :happy:
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I delete them*

hi jof.

Damn! I didn't realize he had also copyrighted that one. I gotta keep up here! Actually no* one can keep up with all of this and I'm tempted to rage quit* or post a gif.*

* copyright 2013. Jof inc. All Rights Reserved

* copyright 2013. Cranktastic Inc. All Rights Reserved.

* copyright 2013. Noob. Inc. All Rights Reserved

* copyright 2013. WinnerVictorious Inc. All Rights Reserved
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I PM them for nakey pics so I can track their progress. I give then 48 hours to comply before I delete them. No hitchhikers. *kitten*, gas or cash, but nobody rides for free.
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Twirl around my living room, in a zebra striped tutu shouting "THEY LOVE ME THEY REALLY LOVE ME" then I text my mom and smash a cupcake into my face.

hahaha...oh that made me giggle.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I look at their last few posts on their wall and if they are clearly underage or clearly have a very different approach to food, with nothing else to recommend them, I delete before any pain could be caused by that deletion.
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I DEMAND the $19.99 I require to be friends with anybody and tell them available payment options.

Ok, serious answer: I feel like a terrible friend because I usually just stalk them and don't say anything at first.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I just go back to my home and see if they've posted any status or weight loss recently so I can comment.... No need to do a background check... lol
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    I cry tears of happiness and listen to Katy Perry's "Firework". Because I'm awesome like that...

firework.gif
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Obviously the first thing you should do is inspect their friends list to make sure it isn't all female....or all male if you are a guy and then without warning delete them if their "ratio" isn't on par with a pre-conceived notion of what the person is here for...

Or at least that's what I've learned after reading some other posts!

<sarcasm off>

I continue doing what I was doing before...I'm happy that are a friend of mine, and don't go "inspecting" their diaries, exercises, friends, and profiles and simply take them for the person they are.
  • d9123
    d9123 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    *kitten*
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    I thank my my new friend for the FR.
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I post a nice thank you message on their wall.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Find their IP address follewed by their full postal address. Then I deactivate them...permanently.

ETA: Feel free to send me a FR. :flowerforyou:
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    First thing, is creep though their photos.
    Second thing, I pm links to junk shots

and THAT"s why you are on my FL :wink:
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Perv on their diary then photos