Replies

• 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I try very hard not to let that happen.
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Well.. It's different for everybody, I guess.
    Me and best guy friend (whom I can tell anything to) were attracted to each other when we first met. Nothing ever happened. We just got know each other, and left it at that. Good friends. I lost the attraction real quick.. he was goofball, not that there's anything wrong with that. But I just didn't feel anything.

A couple years ago, my ex SWORE something went on between us and never allowed me to hang out with him 1 on 1. Which I hated, because my friend is so fun. I would go on lunch dates with him all the time.

My current boyfriend asked me the same question, but I simply said no. And he left it alone, and doesn't mind me talking with him or hanging out.

It's hard sometimes I guess. Or maybe it's just me.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Nope.

The more I know her and like her as a person, the more I want to sleep with her.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Yes I am perfectly capable of being friends with a woman.

And if they're attractive I'm capable of being friends (with benefits) with a woman.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I have lots of male friends. I think I get on better with blokes than women. I'm married with 3 kids, and most of my friends (regardless of gender) are about at the same point in their lives too. We're all too effing tired to think about rooting each other. We can barely be bothered to give it to the people we have at home.

So yes, i can be friends with blokes without any strings attached. And their other halves don't mind.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I believe so. Some people don't take marriage seriously, unfortunately. That's when there's a problem. Been through that ****.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    I'm friends with many females. Some clients, some acquaintances.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I have tons of female friends i am not ****ing:) why not??
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I am sure this has been talked about before. But I can not find anything.

Can a guy and girl be just friends, nothing more? Both are in a relationship (married, or engaged).

Texting one another OK as well? Not just friends at work?

I have a lot of guy friends. Just friends.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I will eventually try to sleep with a friend that is female. It might take 20 years, but I will. For me, I don't know that it's possible to truly just be friends. The facade of friendship will be there, and if you ask her, "we're just good friends", but if a situation arises, I will go for it.

It's kinda messed up though. Lol. But, I can't help it.

Most guys are like that, you are just honest about it.

I like how women buy the whole "he never thinks of me that way" trust me at one point or another he imagined making sweet sweet love to you. He just values the friendship too much to risk coming clean.
  • moochachip
    moochachip Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    If there's no physical attraction to each other...I think it can work.
    Agreed.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Yes. Most of my friends are women, though most of them are gay.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Most guys are like that, you are just honest about it.

I like how women buy the whole "he never thinks of me that way" trust me at one point or another he imagined making sweet sweet love to you. He just values the friendship too much to risk coming clean.

Sure, but as a human - you can totally want to do someone/something and not follow through on that desire.

It's a rare day that I leave my house and fail to see someone that I'd like to "do". But I don't.

Similarly, it's a rare day when I leave my house and don't want to smack someone. But I don't.

Guys and girls can certainly be friends. It's a bit insulting when it's suggested otherwise.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I am sure this has been talked about before. But I can not find anything.

Can a guy and girl be just friends, nothing more? Both are in a relationship (married, or engaged).

Texting one another OK as well? Not just friends at work?

My hubby has dozens of female friends. He texts them, messages them on FB, goes to lunch with them, buys them bday and Christmas presents, heck he has been the birth coach for one of them, and none of this is the least bit threatening to me because he is 100% trustworthy. I think it depends on the people involved.
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I will eventually try to sleep with a friend that is female. It might take 20 years, but I will. For me, I don't know that it's possible to truly just be friends. The facade of friendship will be there, and if you ask her, "we're just good friends", but if a situation arises, I will go for it.

It's kinda messed up though. Lol. But, I can't help it.

My guy friend is like you. I know if I ever gave him a chance he would. Lol
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mkjeb2ZdJd1rnd351o1_400.jpg
  • djkronyx
    djkronyx Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    This video explains it ALL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_lh5fR4DMA
  • AFilmer
    AFilmer Posts: 22
    Options
    yes girls and guys can be just friends. myself and many of my close friends have girl friends that are just friends. infact now that I think about it I have more girl friends than guy friends. just my guy friends are closer friends.