Non-Weight loss Fitness Goals.

Options
2»

Replies

• HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    I don't know what kind of goals to set a whole year out. But, I do know I'd like to DL my bodyweight by March 1. I managed to do 2 sets of 8 reps with 70% of my bodyweight today, so I think it's doable. I'd also like to move up 5 pounds per arm on my dumbell overhead presses. I've been stuck shaking and barely getting past 10 reps on my current weight for what feels like FOREVER.

Maybe a pull up or a chin up by the end of the year?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Mine are running related too. St. Patrick's day, 5 K run. June, 10 K run. August, mud hero 6 K. I'll be taking lots of rest breaks.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    What has really been motivating me is thinking of my workouts as training for my hikes. There are some tough but beuatiful hikes I haven't felt fit enough to do yet so when I'm at the gym I think about that and push myself so much harder. So basically, my goals are specific hikes in my area - being able to complete them feeling good instead of like my legs are going to give out and I want to die.
  • MegBMin
    MegBMin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    What has really been motivating me is thinking of my workouts as training for my hikes. There are some tough but beuatiful hikes I haven't felt fit enough to do yet so when I'm at the gym I think about that and push myself so much harder. So basically, my goals are specific hikes in my area - being able to complete them feeling good instead of like my legs are going to give out and I want to die.

This is a good one!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I have two primary non-weight loss fitness goals this year.

First, complete the Heartland 39.3 series, 3 half marathons over 5 weeks. I have complete one half marathon to date.

Second, provided I have built up the weekly miles and finished my first goal OK is to run my first full marathon in the fall.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Mine current goals are also running related. I would like to increase my speed. I am also considering a Spartan event this year and I would like to climb the non knotted rope at my gym. I get almost to the top and then I freak out about coming down.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I just talked my two equally out of shape college buddies into doing a warrior dash mud race with me in October. It's basically a 5k with a bunch of obstacles.

I'm super pumped. That is going to be so much fun, and make the boring cardio training easier when its 100 degrees this summer.
  • carolinaem
    carolinaem Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    1) Run faster (get mile under 8, 2 mile under 18, 3 mile more consistently under 30, half under 2 hrs 20)
    2) Get stronger -focus on implementing a more consistent strength training program. Not sure yet how to evaluate this goal.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Mine are:
    • Bring my mile down to 40 minutes in the pool.
    • Complete Son of a Swim at Lake Memphremagog
    • Swim from King Neptune's statue to the 14th St Pier in VA Beach a couple of times over the family vacation
    • Swim the Boston Sharkfest
    If I do REALLY well, swim 300 miles this year. (That may be more of a pipe dream, though, slow as I am)
  • MegBMin
    MegBMin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Mine are:
    • Bring my mile down to 40 minutes in the pool.
    • Complete Son of a Swim at Lake Memphremagog
    • Swim from King Neptune's statue to the 14th St Pier in VA Beach a couple of times over the family vacation
    • Swim the Boston Sharkfest
    If I do REALLY well, swim 300 miles this year. (That may be more of a pipe dream, though, slow as I am)

These sound fun!