Dear Sciencey know-it-alls

Options

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    The point is-it's delicious so I don't care if it comes out whole-I'll still keep eating it forever and ever-sugar or not.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    ...corn...its just gonna come out looking exactly the same as it did going in....

Sounds like you need to slow down and chew your food thoroughly.
    Sounds like you should HGSB
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    ...corn...its just gonna come out looking exactly the same as it did going in....

I have no clue what that means. According to Google it is "Homegrown String Band"

Fact is that if you chew your food thoroughly your body can digest it better and it is impossible to come out looking the same as it went in. The digestive system starts in the mouth, not in the stomach.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    except with corn- because yeah- it comes about the same as how it goes down the gullet.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    If that was true we could eat it all day with no effect on our calorie intake, carbs, etc.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

That's pretty high drag low speed.

HDLS
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Would blending it help?

The corn I mean. >:)
  • theoryofempire
    Options
    The corn skin/kernel shell is an insoluble fiber. Even if you chew it very well, chances are the skin stays in tact. I looked this up recently, and even if you chew and chew and chew your corn, the reason it comes out looking like whole kernels is because poo makes its way into the kernel skin and it looks like a whole kernel. I'll post the article if you really want, but it's an easy Google search away.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Shouldn't Corn on the Cob just be "corn" since it grows that way? And corn removed from the cob be called "Corn off the Cob"?
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    Insoluble fiber's job is to march on through from point a to point b, giving "bulk" to the, er...stuff and generally moving along.

So, you know, corn is just demonstrating to you that's it's very good at being insoluble fiber. Show off.

LOLOLOL
  • MyChocolateDiet
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Would blending it help?

Remind me not to borrow this guy's blender.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

That's pretty high drag low speed.

HDLS

oh.
    dear.
    lord.

I am so in love with the fact you just said high drag low speed... we said that ALL the time at the Mother I... only it was low drag- high speed.

LMAO. made my morning.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Shouldn't Corn on the Cob just be "corn" since it grows that way? And corn removed from the cob be called "Corn off the Cob"?

Yes.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    hsld is the opposite of course. ;)

lol
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    The corn skin/kernel shell is an insoluble fiber. Even if you chew it very well, chances are the skin stays in tact. I looked this up recently, and even if you chew and chew and chew your corn, the reason it comes out looking like whole kernels is because poo makes its way into the kernel skin and it looks like a whole kernel. I'll post the article if you really want, but it's an easy Google search away.
    Remind me not to google.
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    What do you say to your corn?

See you tomorrow!
  • Maries_wine_calories
    Options
    Would blending it help?

This entire thread- and then this. LMAO
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    *Crosses corn off the grocery list* at least for awhile
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I ate corn today and remembering this thread I chewed it real hard. Let's see what happens next.
  • momar23
    momar23 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I ate corn today and remembering this thread I chewed it real hard. Let's see what happens next.

I'm glad you brought this back to life!