For those who like diet coke, got some bad news.

Options

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    tigerpalm.jpg

TL:DR version of this article. Brush your teeth or they will fall out. See a dentist once in a while.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Here's a simple suggestion to avoid being hammered. Do a search on the forums to see if a subject like this has already been posted. I've been here nearly a year and the Diet Coke threads are numerous enough to make a tailored suit. That would hold true for any subject that may be deemed as controversial or sound a bit preachy. Peachy? :laugh:

BTW, I had one for lunch today. Delicious.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    OH NOZ, JUST LIKE METH!!!!

*patiently waits for super criminals hopped up on Diet Coke to start cleaning out convenience stores and eating faces*

I agree the article does blow things out of proportion, but I guess my point is this; instead of just looking at the calorie count, study what you are putting into your body.

You picked a pretty ridiculous, unscientific article to try to support that opinion.
  • magpie0
    magpie0 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    There's ALWAYS a study...
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif?w=289&h=240
  • OfficialLilCountryBelle
    Options
    Well, I don't do the diet but I drink regular Coca-Cola on a daily basis!! I'm down to one or two a day whereas a few years ago I was consuming 5 to 6 per day. Did I mention that was EVERYDAY?? Well, last Thursday was the first time I went to the dentist since 1995. The reasons are really irrelevant my point is that I was told my teeth were in wonderful condition. I have never had a cavity or a toothache for that matter. I also found out that all four of my wisdom teeth are still in there hanging around (never had a wisdom tooth either). There was very little plaque that they cleaned off and I was told my teeth were not as discolored as I make them out to be. I get told that I have white teeth all the time. I have occasionally held soda in my mouth before swallowing and my teeth are and have never been eroded. I did worry about the enamel of my teeth and switched to Sensodyne toothpaste in April (truly works). Yes it's true you should do more than just brushing your teeth. You should floss on a daily basis as well. Don't be afraid to use mouth wash. Dentists are also recommending that you brush three times a day as well. Was told when I went and a few weeks earlier when I took my son. Just think of how much food is sitting in your mouth and in between your teeth if you only brush in the morning & at night. That food is there all day giving it time to begin decaying. One thing to think about is if you don't know how to properly care for your mouth how can you pass on good oral care advice and techniques to your child or someone else you influence? This article only provided evidence from one individual and stated that she practiced bad oral care where is the evidence from the person that practice good oral hygiene?? Be sure that the articles cover all bases, corners, and scenarios before believing them.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Literately right above this forum topic on my home page was a topic: Good news for diet coke fans...lol just goes to show everyone will find a reason to enjoy their favorite food, or a reason it should not be allowed. I personally don't drink diet anything, but to each their own. How about moderation for everything, and enjoy a little instead of over indulging. I know this is what got me in trouble in the first place. Now I know better :laugh:
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Shark-Squats.jpg

Just in case all the usual aspartame rumors start circulating, I'll leave a link to Snopes articles RE aspartame here: http://ow.ly/lBdMz
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Shark-Squats.jpg

Just in case all the usual aspartame rumors start circulating, I'll leave a link to Snopes articles RE aspartame here: http://ow.ly/lBdMz
    The "aspartame is TEH POIZONZZZZZZ" card has already been played.
  • tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    TLDR. Brush your teeth twice a day.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Shark-Squats.jpg

The "aspartame is TEH POIZONZZZZZZ" card has already been played.

Gah! I was hoping to head them off. Nonsense moves at the speed of light.
  • OfficialLilCountryBelle
    Options
    Literately right above this forum topic on my home page was a topic: Good news for diet coke fans...lol just goes to show everyone will find a reason to enjoy their favorite food, or a reason it should not be allowed. I personally don't drink diet anything, but to each their own. How about moderation for everything, and enjoy a little instead of over indulging. I know this is what got me in trouble in the first place. Now I know better :laugh:

I so agree!! Although, Coca-Cola hasn't rotted my teeth it has played a part in my insomnia. I know you want to say DUHHHHH, but I'm the type of person that can drink coffee and it makes me sleepy. I have to drink really strong coffee for it to wake me up. As I began to do research on different factors that play a part in me losing weight I found out that high amounts of caffeine makes you eat more. There are tons of food I would have never thought of contains caffeine. But, the caffeine factor was not an issue in this article. So, I'll just say yes everything should be consumed in moderation.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Cranberry juice is even more acidic than coke - perhaps start by targetting that ;).
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Shark-Squats.jpg

I guess squats are easier when the oly bar doesn't bite . . .
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Diet drinks are pure poison,aspartame,google that,more to worry about than teeth enamel!

Finally a person with some common sense.

Yawn. Aspatame is the single most researched food additive on the planet. The chemical make up of 4 oz's ofchicken breast has the equivilant dosages of the components of aspartame as 40 cans of soda. Better stop eating chicken breast.
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Not news.
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    So what you are saying is diet soda is bad for you? Not really news...
    ^ This
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Utter bull****. I drink diet sodas and have great teeth. Just use Sensodyne Pronamel if you're worried. For what it's worth, fruit juice will destroy your teeth a LOT faster.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    you should really learn what meth really does and what coke does before spitting out some information that anyone can write.

I want to start a website wtih the domain wwwbecauseitsonlineitisright.com or www.itsanarticlemustbecorrect.com

www.therewasabookonit.com
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    So what you are saying is diet soda is bad for you? Not really news...
    ^ This

Except "this" is wrong...