You have 100 calories left to eat, what do you snack on to fill it?

Options
I'm noticing that I always have around 100 calories left, and while I could just wrap up my day I'd rather find something to fill that void, like a little snack to reward myself.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I have 83 calories left - I'm about to buy a single serve bag of jerky for 70 calories.
  • salazarbryanne
    salazarbryanne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love sliced broccoli stems or carrot sticks dipped in salsa. The salsa is 35 calories (pace chunky hot) per 1/4 cup and that leaves enough calories for about a cup of veggies.
  • emilyrigh
    emilyrigh Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    If it's almost bed time and I'm not hungry - nothing. If I still have an hour or two left to my night and I'm hungry - boiled egg whites or one whole boiled egg, fruit, a cup of yogurt, dry cereal...
  • gmamary66
    gmamary66 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Baked apple with cinnimon.
    28 frozen grapes
    Mini babel cheese and small apple
  • quitluv
    Options
    1 apple, or 2 clementines, or 15 pcs almond, or 90cal brownie if dying for sweet !
  • agaraffa
    agaraffa Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'd eat one of these and still be 50 calories under.

Snack_of_the_Month_Mini_Babybel_Light.jpg
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    A tablespoon of peanut butter
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    If I'm hungry, veggies. If not, a 100 calorie ice cream bar, or some chocolate.
  • lovematthewchristopher
    Options
    10 baby carrots with 2 tbsps of hummus,english muffin pizza (1/2 eng. muffin,1 tsp sauce,2tbsp frated cheese),15 mini pretzel sticks and 2 tbsp fatfree creamcheese, 25 pistachio nuts, 1/2 cup rice krispies with 1/2 cut skim milk, 8 medium size shrimp boiled and served with 2 tbsp cocktail sauce, cheezy popcorn(toss 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese and a dash of cayenne pepper with 2 cups freshly popped corn)..... just a few suggestions!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    100 calories...hmmmm. Probably berries and tea.
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I have 83 calories left - I'm about to buy a single serve bag of jerky for 70 calories.

^^ Perfect snack!! Low calorie. Low Fat. High Protein. Tasty.

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    100 calorie bag of popcorn!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Sweet
    Edy's slow churned caramel delight ice cream. One of my fave ice creams and is 110 cals a half cup. They have other flavors too but I love the caramel.
    Grapefruit 106 per fruit
    Grapes, orange, apple, banana
    Berries with a splash of milk/half and half/tbsp of heavy cream with a bit of splenda
    4 Andes mints (like they give out at Olive Garden)
    Toast with butter, cinnamon, and sugar
    A couple of squares of really good chocolate. Splurge and get the really good stuff and savor it. Preferably dark.

Salty
    In shell sunflower seeds. Even 50 cals worth is quite a bit, takes a while to eat, and fills me up.
    Pretzels (with or without pb)

Crunchy
    Any kind of veggies (carrots, broccoli, celery and zucchini are my favorites) with ranch dip made from plain greek yogurt and ranch mix. 100 cals is actually a LOT.
    Celery with peanut or almond butter (carefully measure p/a butter)
    Pretzels (with or without pb)
    Crackers/toast/pretzels/celery/? with laughing cow cheese wedge (35 cals)
    Plain popcorn with salt/garlic/herbs no or add a little of your own butter.

Warm
    Half can of light progresso soup. Chicken pot pie is my favorite.
    1 egg scrambled with small amount of cheese (laughing cow?) or a slice of bacon or a handful of veggies

Protein
    Jerky
    Hard boiled egg (70 cals so add some...?) or 1 egg scrambled with small amount of cheese (laughing cow?) or a slice of bacon or a handful of veggies
    Protein shake (Dymatize iso has 106 cals a scoop)
    Lettuce rolls: lettuce leaf, turkey (or other meat), small amount of cheese, salsa/smear of ranch/mustard/honey mustard...?
    String cheese
    Yogurt (preferably greek, preferably plain with your own fruit/sweetener added)
    Can of tuna with salsa/garlic/mustard/hot sauce.

Alcohol
    4-5oz of cabernet or other non-sweet red wine
    1.5oz clear liquor with soda water and a wedge of lemon/lime (or diet anything)
    Gross light beer
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Jello dulce de leche sugar free pudding....a bit like flan!
  • lucysalerno
    Options
    a handful of nuts or an apple...
  • Lezavargas
    Lezavargas Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Big bowl of air popped popcorn, you can eat a surprising amount for under 100 calories!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I like popcorn.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    This came up tonight. I thought about popcorn but wasn't that hungry and it was kind of late, so I had some nuts.

Sometimes I have a bit of cheese.
  • shandy82165
    shandy82165 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I like to wind down the evening with a cup of decaf coffee and coffeemate italian sweet cream creamer. It's sweet and warm, perfect for the end of the day :)
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Oatmeal. You can add 2.5 prunes for another 50 cals