I am shy ...

Options
2»

Replies

• SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    I'm totally shy.

Nope, not really. Just wanted to say hi.
    Not very helpful Cindy :-)
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    I was very shy until I started waitressing. Even now I take my time before opening up to someone, watch them and decide if they are worth it!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Overcoming shyness is all about stepping outside your comfort zone. I would also recommend have an outgoing wingman. You got to approach people. Then it gets to a point were you can do it on your own.

I moved to a new state which was my first time ever living anywhere else than my wack hometown. The night when I decided to meet the locals at a bar, I bar hopped 4 bars, My roommate was like well you know what to do if you need help call me. When I was not home before 3 am he called me to check to make sure I was not in trouble. I told him I am going to this girl's house who I met at the bar. His words after were well be safe and details tomorrow.

I walked into one of the bars that I felt was not too liken to black people. You ever see those scenes in movies where you walk into a spot and everything everyone stops and stares at what you are doing. Yeah that bar felt like that to me. Now don't stay if you feel that uncomfortable. I am not a small guy and I hear I can look pretty intimidating at times. My plan was to find the bartender with the best top shelf long island ice tea.

Call it what you want confidence or whatever. It gets easier to meet new people and then you figure out ways to bring other people who are shy out of their comfort zone. Yes sometimes I can tell who is shy at a social event. They almost stick out and are that noticeable to me.

OP I recommend guys night out or girls night out. I have found the women are better wingmen than men are.
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I'm not really shy. I just stay quiet until I get a feel of the people around me because I have a tendancy to say inappropriate things that offend people.
  • redromad275
    redromad275 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Not shy here. My years of military service rid me of any inkling of that. I am an Alpha type sometimes to the point of overbearing( my wife would say more than sometimes) but to get a mission done, there is no time for shyness.
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Overcoming shyness is all about stepping outside your comfort zone. I would also recommend have an outgoing wingman. You got to approach people. Then it gets to a point were you can do it on your own.

I moved to a new state which was my first time ever living anywhere else than my wack hometown. The night when I decided to meet the locals at a bar, I bar hopped 4 bars, My roommate was like well you know what to do if you need help call me. When I was not home before 3 am he called me to check to make sure I was not in trouble. I told him I am going to this girl's house who I met at the bar. His words after were well be safe and details tomorrow.

I walked into one of the bars that I felt was not too liken to black people. You ever see those scenes in movies where you walk into a spot and everything everyone stops and stares at what you are doing. Yeah that bar felt like that to me. Now don't stay if you feel that uncomfortable. I am not a small guy and I hear I can look pretty intimidating at times. My plan was to find the bartender with the best top shelf long island ice tea.

Call it what you want confidence or whatever. It gets easier to meet new people and then you figure out ways to bring other people who are shy out of their comfort zone. Yes sometimes I can tell who is shy at a social event. They almost stick out and are that noticeable to me.

OP I recommend guys night out or girls night out. I have found the women are better wingmen than men are.

Thanks
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Alcohol helps me fight shyness :)

This is true. I'm generally shy, unless I really hit it off with someone. Or had enough shots!
  • NJGamerChick
    NJGamerChick Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm shy too, sometimes only a little, other times painfully shy. I'm also a loner and only child. How I have friends I have no idea since introversion is my natural state.
  • fitnesscat2014
    fitnesscat2014 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Very shy. I try hard to put myself out there. I also have my days: one day I'm somewhat social and the next I'm super quiet. I did find out that I have some social anxiety going on and that shyness is just a part of me so I would say first accept yourself, shut any negative voices up then put yourself out there. Some people will break out of it but in my case it's just who I am, it's in my nature and once I know a person accepts me the way I am I tend to open up more. Everyone is different and has special qualities, strengths and weaknesses.
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I am very introverted. I rarely speak unless I am with people I am extremely comfortable being around. When I do say something it is usually sassy. Once I am comfortable, I am jocular and tend to be very goofy. I am often in the middle of tomfoolery. It takes quite a while for me to warm up . Even when I am comfortable, I still will avoid people as not to have to speak.