Picky eater here

Options
So I have an issue of having a limited palate. I don't eat seafood nor do I eat cuisine from Asian Countries/Greek/Spicy - Indian, exotic foods etc. I'm simple and limited to American, Italian and Mexican. I don't have an issue with most veggies. I may be open to trying some new foods, it's just, I eat with my eyes and nose first. If it doesn't look right or smells funny, I DON'T EAT IT!. I have a desk job, so 95% of my workday is at my cubicle. We have a fridge and microwave for use at the office. Please help with some food/snack ideas. <3

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Don't understand the question. You aren't logging your food here, but your weight tells me you aren't short of ideas about what to eat.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    egg foo young and general's chicken.
    Both 'merican.
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm also confused by the fact that you don't like spicy, but do like Mexican food. Either way, in broad terms, basic healthy options are:
    Snacks
    Fruit (with yogurt)
    Veggie sticks and hummus
    Eggs
    Rice cakes with
    • Cottage cheese and honey
    • Avocado
    • Peanut butter

Lunches
    Salads (without store-bought dressing)
    • black beans, corn and grilled chicken with a lime dressing for a Mexican touch
    • pasta salad with veggies of choice, chicken and a yogurt basil sauce for an Italian touch
    Grilled chicken/lean pork with steamed veg
    Sandwiches and wraps that fit your calorie allowance (whatever it is) can probably include
    • (Goat) cheese and hummus
    • Curried chicken salad made with yogurt
    • Avocado and egg
    • Ham and mustard
    • Chicken and pesto yogurt
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    adoreme214 wrote: »
    So I have an issue of having a limited palate. I don't eat seafood nor do I eat cuisine from Asian Countries/Greek/Spicy - Indian, exotic foods etc. I'm simple and limited to American, Italian and Mexican. I don't have an issue with most veggies. I may be open to trying some new foods, it's just, I eat with my eyes and nose first. If it doesn't look right or smells funny, I DON'T EAT IT!. I have a desk job, so 95% of my workday is at my cubicle. We have a fridge and microwave for use at the office. Please help with some food/snack ideas. <3

Eat America, Italian, and Mexican -- change to smaller portions and some lower calorie options like steer away from fried food, skip bread sometimes, perhaps reduce some cheese options in Mexican, and so on.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Fellow picky eater here. Unless you have a truly limited 'count them on your fingers' number of foods you'll eat, you can always find healthier options.

I don't like sauces or certain texture combinations. So I have my salads dry and it suits me fine. Likewise I don't have gravy on my roast dinner, I still get all the goodness of the vegetables and lean meat. I can't stand to mix vegetables into an omelette (ewww mysterious lumps!) so I have them a plain omelette with veggies on the side (not touching it!). Weird for some but it works for me.

• 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »
    Don't understand the question. You aren't logging your food here, but your weight tells me you aren't short of ideas about what to eat.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is about as blunt as it gets. Sometimes it just needs to be said.

OP: It's not about finding something 'new' to eat, especially if you're picky. Just eat less of the things you enjoy.