Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Yup
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Yes as long as you don't have to watch your sodium intake and if you do then pop your own corn with low sodium toppings.
  • Yodee
    Yodee Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yay because I love snacking on both of those! I am thinking about buying an air popper because it seems to be a healthier way to having popcorn.
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Not mixed together, but separately they're okay.
  • Yodee
    Options
    LOL funny I was just going to make that same comment - I didn't realize how my title looked :)
    -
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Yup, anf there is in fact pickle flavored lays potato chips.......and they are FABULOUS!! ;)
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Love the popcorn and the pickles, never ate them together though :)
    The pickles I gota watch cause of the sodium. I made some of my own from a low sodium recipe and they turned out pretty good and they have less then half the sodium the store bought ones do.
  • NutritionNut
    NutritionNut Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try a snack that combines both a carb and a protein. Ex. Apple and PB, whole wheat crackers and low-fat cheese, low-fat cottage cheese with sliced strawberries or fruit of choice, etc. Managing portion of course! Try not to have a snack that will quickly spike your blood sugar (of course pickles aren't likely to do this). It's best to combine with a protein and a bit of fat to slow digestion some and stabilize blood sugar. The quick drop in blood sugar is where you find yourself hungry again!

• Alluminati
    Options
    Yup, anf there is in fact pickle flavored lays potato chips.......and they are FABULOUS!! ;)
    Oooohhh! Yum I want.

I heard hot sauce on popcorn is good so I'm trying it next time.
  • Tigg_er
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Oooohhh! Yum I want.

Second the hot sauce. I use the Tabasco brand. It will get your attention.

• Yodee
    Options
    I agree plus I am a Type 2 Diabetic so I understand about blood sugar highs and lows. I like your ideas but I need to find something that I like. Whole wheat crackers and strawberries lol, that's about it. I always said for years that if I ever had to go on a diet I would be in trouble because of all of the good foods I don't like but I will make this work with the help of all of my new friends on MFP!
  • Alluminati
    Options
    Tigg_er wrote: »
    Oooohhh! Yum I want.

That's it. Tomorrow!
  • Yodee
    Options
    Yum now that sounds good - I am going to try that too! Is there a particular popcorn that is recommended?
  • Tigg_er
    Options
    Tigg_er wrote: »
    Oooohhh! Yum I want.

That's it. Tomorrow!

Careful B)

• Yodee
    Options
    LOL Tigg_er and OdesAngel let me know how that goes :)
  • Tigg_er
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yodee wrote: »
    Yum now that sounds good - I am going to try that too! Is there a particular popcorn that is recommended?

I use Some yellow regular popcorn in a whirly popper with just a touch of oil.
    I also like Orvell Rekenbocker Sweet and Salty Kettle corn. It has pretty good stats for what I need and I get a little sweet and a little hot.
    Just right !

Now I've gone and talked myself into making some up.

• holly55555
    holly55555 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    My two favorite snacks! But I actually have a medical condition where I require tons of sodium, so I eat pickles as a lower cal way to reach it.

I also like melted peanut butter on my popcorn.... soooo good!
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Love that combo. Go with reduced calorie or 100 calorie popcorn and whole pickles for guilt free snacks. Da best.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    dill pickle popcorn is the best
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Heh, a title that seemed to be screaming my name, as I love both. Almost made popcorn tonight. I vote excellent snacks, again unless you have a need to worry about sodium.