Which group fitness class?

Options
2»

Replies

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I love spinning, yoga, kettlebells, and pole fitness. If there is a TRX class in your area, give that a try to. I own a TRX, so I just use it at home. But spinning is great for cardio, yoga is great for flexibility, kettlebells are great for strength and cardio, pole fitness is great for strength and its a mild cardio workout, and TRX is a good strength and cardio workout as well.

I'm sure once I get better at pole fitness, the cardio aspect of it will increase.

If I had to pick which one I would keep it would definitely be pole fitness. It's so much fun, but it's a really tough workout as well. It really is a drug.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Why not try 1 per week and do a different one each week?
    This.

Everyone is so different. I have to be having fun so I love my Zumba and my Yoga. They may not be "ideal" for weight loss or strength training but because I enjoy them so much I keep doing them.

My health club has a "power" lifting class set to music, thirty minutes of an instructor-led workout. If you enjoy strength training you might enjoy that. I also see a new kind of class, a thirty minute HIIT based workout for busy people.

• icck
    icck Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Ha I'd love pole fitness, but that's the one thing we don't have. I did consider some sort of kickboxing or self defense class but there aren't any at a convenient time that I've seen.

The less said about the classes at my gym the better, but I live in the middle of a cluster of sports and fitness centres so there's a good variety.