How badly do you sweat at the gym?

Options

Replies

• ckmnacln
    ckmnacln Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I must say these responses make me feel much better!! :)
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    OP I am small too for a guy, funny when i was overweight i didn't sweat. Now I am low body fat and sweat like crazy. did that happen to you?
    BTW nice before and after pics, you and your family must be proud
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I sweat like crazy. When I'm physically active, it doesn't bother me one bit because it's good for you.
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    It really depends, and it is also a helps my gauge how hard I am working. If I don't sweat much I know I didn't push myself very hard. I just started lifting and am surprised at how much that makes me sweat, even more so than the elliptical machine. BTW, when I first started and was at my heaviest it was much worse than it is now.
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    rand486 wrote: »
    I train for ~3-4 hours at a time and don't tend to take water breaks. It's pretty normal for me to lose 5 lbs in one training session (water weight).

Fun times :)

Ha Ha.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I sweat like a beast at the gym. I have to peel my clothes off, keep a separate towel in the car to sit on so I don't ruin yet another set of car seats
  • pscarolina
    pscarolina Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Like a hooker in church.

word...sweat dripping on the floor when I'm done teaching a class, sweat running into my ears, rusting my mic (I just pop the battery out after class 'cause I've ruined a mic on/off switch with rust). When my daughter is in class she likes the front row & I try to make my pony tail throw sweat on her...yes, I am bad. haha I keep a fan blowing on me all during class, but I have 6 lights shining on me so it's not really helping much.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    1 minute on the treadmill and I'm sweating like a pig. And I'm in pretty good shape. The worst though is that my scalp sweats like crazy and I have long hair, so even a quick workout means I have to wash and dry my hair which makes it a nuisance to work out on my lunch break. Goodness I just realized how vain that sounds...

Anyways, I heard somewhere that people who sweat a lot are healthier. No idea if that's true but it's what I chose to believe :)
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I have a tee shirt that says 'it's not sweat; it's liquid gold'! I'm proud of my 'liquid gold'!!
  • DaveTimeKeeper
    DaveTimeKeeper Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    is it abnormal to not sweat? I sometimes work out for 2 or more hours at the gym, not even counting usual house work and I don't sweat,

the only time I do is talking to a family member that scares me.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I sweat horribly @ the gym, but there, I don't care. I'm there to work my *kitten* off, I just make sure I wipe everything down I touch (even the floor in some cases). My problem is within the last 6 months, even in a 70f room I'm hot & sweating. In fact it's so bad, that even when I was at my heaviest, I didn't sweat this much or this easily.

BUT.... for me, it could be pre-menopause or the diuretic that I'm taking.
  • OrangeBabelfish
    OrangeBabelfish Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Ridiculously. When I've done even 30mins on the elliptical or an interval run, my wicking running shirts and trousers are so soaked, it looks like I took a shower in them. I also sweat a lot in my hair (I tie it up in a ponytail as it comes down to my waist!)

I am also one of those unlucky ones who looks like they've wet themselves after elliptical or runs. So only black bottoms for me! It can be incredibly demoralising, to be sweating so much and it making me feel so uncomfortable (because society deems sweating unacceptable in women)

However - I then look at some other girls in my gym - full face of make up, curled hair, who go on the bike (resistance 1 of course, barely 60rpm) for 30mins and don't even have a bead of sweat on them, and then get more water on their hair and face from the subsequent shower rather than the workout and I think "at least I am in here doing what I am supposed to be doing, even if I look like a wet tomato doing it!"
  • WickyDunn
    WickyDunn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    1 minute on the treadmill and I'm sweating like a pig. And I'm in pretty good shape. The worst though is that my scalp sweats like crazy and I have long hair, so even a quick workout means I have to wash and dry my hair which makes it a nuisance to work out on my lunch break. Goodness I just realized how vain that sounds...

Anyways, I heard somewhere that people who sweat a lot are healthier. No idea if that's true but it's what I chose to believe :)

I hear you on the hair thing - mine is really long and it's a bit of a chore to wash and dry my locks!!!
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    ckmnacln wrote: »
    I must say these responses make me feel much better!! :)

Me too!!!! I've always been a really heavy sweater and my face turns into a tomato with cardio, too. I'm so jealous of people who don't sweat, like my ex. He could literally run a 5K in less than 20 minutes and not have a single drop of sweat--in Florida! It was the worst when we'd go together and I would look like I'd just jumped in the pool and he was fresh as a daisy! lol
  • HotChocolate75
    HotChocolate75 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm the reason they make you take towels to the gym. Whether it's cardio or resistance training, I sweat like crazy. Just this morning I did Les Mills Combat-Combat 45 and I couldn't open my eyes for 3 minutes of one of the 5 minute tracks. Crazy!
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »

If that's vain I'm guilty too. I sometimes do a night workout then an early morning one too so I only have to wash my hair once.

• Brittany91389
    Brittany91389 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Swimming is my sport. Fun thing about swimming, you don't know your sweating. When I started running and doing spin, I found out that I sweat buckets and it isn't pretty. I don't care though. I don't care what I look like while I'm kicking butt. It is a little gross when I get off my spin bike and go to stretch and slip in the puddle of sweat though. It's also oddly satisfying. Maybe I'm an oddball. Again, I don't care :smiley:
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Like a hooker in church.

HAHAHA!! Love this!

I sweat like that, too. I do not wear gray work out pants and I amost NEVER wear white shirts. I wear tank tops whenever I can b/c I am always so hot. After working out, I have to PEEL my clothes off me. ick.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    40 ounces per hour on average.

Think about that.

It's amazing.
  • Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I sweat a lot too. I think i'm probably just a naturally ~moist~ person, lol.