make up at the gym.

Options

Replies

• GoldieGlocks
    GoldieGlocks Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    They must think their something special to be hating on you! If they put all their hate towards their workout they would probably get more gains. Unfortunately there's always going to be those people that have to find something negative to say about a person to make themselves feel better..
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I have makeup remover wipes and take off my makeup if I go to the gym after work. Personally I hate to get sweaty with makeup on.

I know I'm going to hate replies on this but I hate seeing women who do have makeup on at the gym. It grosses me out and I don't think it's the place to wear makeup, but in saying that I would never say anything to anyone to make them feel bad at the gym. That's a sure sign of a bully.

I can get why you choose to wipe your makeup off, no big deal, but why on earth does it irritate you for others to not wipe their makeup off? In what way, shape or form does it affect you? I'm genuinely curious, not hating. I can tell you, I for one, am not going to wipe my makeup off just to appease others.

I just think it's inappropriate. There are certain places where you dress a certain way because of social decorum. You wouldn't wear the same mini skirt to church that you would wear to the club. Same rules apply to makeup.

Interesting.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have makeup remover wipes and take off my makeup if I go to the gym after work. Personally I hate to get sweaty with makeup on.

I know I'm going to hate replies on this but I hate seeing women who do have makeup on at the gym. It grosses me out and I don't think it's the place to wear makeup, but in saying that I would never say anything to anyone to make them feel bad at the gym. That's a sure sign of a bully.

I can get why you choose to wipe your makeup off, no big deal, but why on earth does it irritate you for others to not wipe their makeup off? In what way, shape or form does it affect you? I'm genuinely curious, not hating. I can tell you, I for one, am not going to wipe my makeup off just to appease others.

I am the same way as Salsera being that it would gross me out, not that it's inappropriate. It's not that it irritates me and I expect other people to remove their makeup. Just from my own experience of how wearing makeup and sweating feels to me; it grosses me out. Not saying I would make a face or whatever. IF I noticed it would be like a 2 second thought, "Oh, man, that makeup would make my skin a million times more oily and sweaty and ahhh. Nope. Can't do it." And then I'd go on to the next thought in my head, "I wonder if my hubster filled the dog's water bowl today?" "I love this song!" "Oh, that's a cute top," "I think I want some garlic chicken for dinner," etc.
  • LandyBreigh
    LandyBreigh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm very forward. I would have said something to them.
    "Yes, I do think I'm something special. Thanks for noticing!"
    Smile and walk away. :smiley:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

I just think it's inappropriate. There are certain places where you dress a certain way because of social decorum. You wouldn't wear the same mini skirt to church that you would wear to the club. Same rules apply to makeup.

I find that interesting, as well. I can assure you that my makeup does not affect anyone around me, nor does it affect my workouts. I can still go beast just because I chose not to wipe it off before a workout.

• JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options

I think it would be inappropriate if they were wearing make up and their face was all sweaty and they were wiping their sweaty makeup on the machines and not cleaning it off. I don't wear makeup when I work out because it breaks me out, but sometimes its unavoidable. I don't like it because I come out looking nasty and my face itches but if someone said something to me that was said about the OP or told me I was being inappropriate wearing make up to the gym, I'd probably tell them which bodily orface they could shove their opinion in.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    *shrug* I usually go first thing in the morning before work so I don't have a stitch of makeup on.
    I used to go straight from work like you're saying and I'd have my makeup on, remove it when I get home...
    Women can be really snide and cruel sometimes. There's just no cause for it. Maybe they're insecure...maybe they're just really annoyed you have makeup on...who cares. You're there for you, not them. Keep at it.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    JeriAnne84 wrote: »

I think it would be inappropriate if they were wearing make up and their face was all sweaty and they were wiping their sweaty makeup on the machines and not cleaning it off. I don't wear makeup when I work out because it breaks me out, but sometimes its unavoidable. I don't like it because I come out looking nasty and my face itches but if someone said something to me that was said about the OP or told me I was being inappropriate wearing make up to the gym, I'd probably tell them which bodily orface they could shove their opinion in.

I thought that happens to a lot of women. I guess I was wrong.

• ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    I would have done a 500# leg press and winked at them. Biotches

I'm there at 5:00 A.M., no makeup. If it were 5:00 P.M., I'd probably have makeup on. I could care less what they think.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    JeriAnne84 wrote: »

yea, now if they were to wipe their face off on the machines, then I could see how it would be inappropriate. Absolutely. Otherwise, anyone else has absolutely no bearing on other people.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »
    I go to the gym at 5 am, so those people are lucky I brush my teeth for them. That said, I ended up going after work yesterday and you can bet your @$$ I still had a full face of makeup on.

^^ Same. Half the time the other gym goers are lucky if I remember to put deodorant on before I leave my apartment. I wouldn't worry to much about it OP. I think its a fair assumption that if its in the afternoon you are coming from work. Just ignore them and kill your workout :)
  • Zx14chick
    Zx14chick Posts: 255 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    [/quote]

I am the same way as Salsera being that it would gross me out, not that it's inappropriate. It's not that it irritates me and I expect other people to remove their makeup. Just from my own experience of how wearing makeup and sweating feels to me; it grosses me out. Not saying I would make a face or whatever. IF I noticed it would be like a 2 second thought, "Oh, man, that makeup would make my skin a million times more oily and sweaty and ahhh. Nope. Can't do it." And then I'd go on to the next thought in my head, "I wonder if my hubster filled the dog's water bowl today?" "I love this song!" "Oh, that's a cute top," "I think I want some garlic chicken for dinner," etc. [/quote]

^^^^^^^ This is what my mind sounds like!!!! I admit I do get irritated when people treat the gym like a meat market. That's not why I'm there. However, I do not take my makeup off to work out. It takes long enough to get things together to go to the gym, workout, shower after, etc. etc. that I'm going to skip a step if I can. I WOULD have given a snide remark back as some other ladies suggested. I MUST be if you are talking about me or something, so they at least become aware of the fact that I heard them. When someone is clearly hating on me, I make sure I look even more fabulous and smirk at them. It's fuel for me.

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    sheldonz42 wrote: »
    If you have the inclination, you could tell them, "I came straight from work" and just leave it at that if it happens again. They'll probably at least be more careful how they talk about you... Might even shut them up.

This, absolutely. I am not confrontational really but I wouldn't just say nothing if I could actually hear them.

• MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Zx14chick wrote: »
    I WOULD have given a snide remark back as some other ladies suggested. I MUST be if you are talking about me or something, so they at least become aware of the fact that I heard them. When someone is clearly hating on me, I make sure I look even more fabulous and smirk at them. It's fuel for me.

Hell yes. If they want to take time out of their day to say something about me I will certainly point that out to them and give them something to talk about.

uMm6XXvxTFedntqAq4Mf_tumblr_mhu3ekIWK61qkgn3eo1_400.gif
    dog-fluffybitchpleaseimfabulous.png
  • Burt_Huttz
    Burt_Huttz Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Can't you women see that this discussion of make-up at the gym is tearing this website apart?!

With love,
    Burt
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I, personally, don't wear make up to the Gym, but I don't see why it would be anyone else's business.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    If she has a fantastic body, sports bra and short shorts, I wouldn't even notice if she had make up or not
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    ng3j2zpsr204.jpg

<3
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    jazzxdaisy wrote: »
    so i nearly always go to the gym straight from work, and i never bother taking my make up off in between (i don't see any point, i just take it off when i get home).

yesterday while at the gym i overheard two women talking about me and how i was "well done up for the gym" and how i must really think i'm "something special".

i don't wear a great deal of make up daily anyway, but it rattled me.

i pay the same membership as everyone else there and if i wanted to go to the gym in fake eyelashes and full party make up i would!

- rant over -

xo

Pssshhh... I actually wear my fake eyelashes to pilates sometimes, whatevs! ;)