make up at the gym.

Replies

• anaisbutterfly7
    anaisbutterfly7 Posts: 71 Member
    Personally, I don't wear makeup at the gym (but I have in the past when I got there after work and had forgotten my make up removal wipes).

That being said, I have seem women at the gym that looked like they put on heavy makeup and a particular outfit just for the gym. This coincides with an article I saw the headline to (but didn't read) that stated "Going to the Gym is the new going out"

Either way, I wouldn't say anything like that to another person. I do get curious about why some women are wearing makeup (because I personally don't like it and I enjoy considering things from another POV) but whether a person has just come from work or put make up on specifically for the gym, it's all good. :)
  • Badger_Girl99
    Badger_Girl99 Posts: 2,220 Member
    As long as you're not putting makeup on in the locker room before you work out (as I've witnessed before), then those women should mind their own business.
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    I will say that I've put on very light makeup to go the gym in the morning because my skin is really blotchy and I don't like going out at all without at least some foundation concealing it. I've found even if I sweat it off, it looks better than if I never started with it. It's funny how much people judge, though, I and a friend of mine with similar issues have been judged for that and for doing the same before going to beach (it works as sunscreen too!). People should really just mind their own business. It's not always about trying to attract other people, just feeling human!
  • People are so weird.
    I go to the gym with whatever I happen to be wearing at the time. If I'm wearing makeup, I don't wash it off before heading to the gym either, I'm just going to sweat it off anyways. If it bothers someone that I'm wearing makeup, that's their problem.
  • even if you were putting it on in the locker room before you worked out, that's YOUR business, not theirs. People need to worry more about themselves than other people. If you wanted to have a full face of makeup AND heels on, then more power to you. Although, I would not really suggest anyone wear heels in the gym. ;-)
  • This happened to me the other day, for the same reasons. I was on the indoor track, and I overheard two girls talking about me as they passed by. I laughed. It earned me a dirty look from the one girl, but I just smiled (though frankly, it probably was more of a grimace, because I'd been running for some time by then) at them. They kept their distance after that, which was fine with me.
  • MizzMaldy
    MizzMaldy Posts: 31 Member
    The only time I don't have makeup on in the gym is on the weekends and that is because I go first thing in the morning. During the week, I go in the evenings so I have whatever is remaining from 6am. I always go home before the gym but I still don't remove my makeup, quite frankly, I am just too lazy.

If people have said anything, I haven't noticed. I'm most likely not paying attention or my music is too loud. Actually, probably both.
  • that is so rude! I would never bother taking off my makeup if I went to the gym after work. That seems like a waste of time! It's not like it was a 5am workout class, and even if it was why is it their business? People...
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Some people spend too much energy worrying about whatever other people do, so I'd ignore them. I don't wear make-up at all anywhere, but couldn't care less about other people's make-up choices
  • cwlsr
    cwlsr Posts: 71 Member
    I will keep it short! This isn't about them it is about you. The world is full of foolish mouthy people who try to make themselves look intelligent or better than others. If you let them dump their garbage into your head then it is your fault. So trim your tabs and keep flying because you know who you are and they are not worth the mental effort to think about them. Be happy, life is great if a person will only embrace it.
  • grapebanana
    grapebanana Posts: 2 Member
    After the "She must think she's something special" I would have #1 Turned to make sure they were discussing me and then if yes, #2 With the most genuine smile I power I own, said, "Thanks for noticing me. Yes I do."
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Some people are just miserable and need to look down their noses to elevate themselves. It's a grade school mentality.

I personally don't wear makeup to work out because for me it is extremely uncomfortable. Sweat and makeup just isn't my thing. I hardly wear makeup to work because I am too lazy to take the time to put it on in the morning and I'm just not one to care about it.

Many others don't want to leave the house without makeup and that's ok! Makeup is a wonderful tool to enhance our beauty and show our confidence, so if you don't feel the need to remove your makeup for the gym then just wink at the b*tches next time, keep your head high, and push harder than them at the gym.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    kace_kay wrote: »
    God, women can be so nasty! Next time, give 'em some fierceness
    tumblr_n7iadns2ia1sfei54o4_500.gif

This! ^^
  • After the "She must think she's something special" I would have #1 Turned to make sure they were discussing me and then if yes, #2 With the most genuine smile I power I own, said, "Thanks for noticing me. Yes I do."

and #3 also said "clearly you think so, too, spending time and energy not only noticing me, but also talking about me.' ;-)

• funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    I don't really care how others look like when they go to gym, makeup, no makeup, just roll out of bed look, in jeans or in dress pants & shoes. as long as you are clean.

I often go to gym during my lunch break, women there usually wear full makeup, who would remove the makeup, work out and then put makeup back on? People just full with their opinions ( good, bad, nice or nasty ) don't let them other you, you are there to work out, get the best out of it :smile:
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    I have makeup remover wipes and take off my makeup if I go to the gym after work. Personally I hate to get sweaty with makeup on.

I know I'm going to hate replies on this but I hate seeing women who do have makeup on at the gym. It grosses me out and I don't think it's the place to wear makeup, but in saying that I would never say anything to anyone to make them feel bad at the gym. That's a sure sign of a bully.
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    jazzxdaisy wrote: »
    so i nearly always go to the gym straight from work, and i never bother taking my make up off in between (i don't see any point, i just take it off when i get home).

yesterday while at the gym i overheard two women talking about me and how i was "well done up for the gym" and how i must really think i'm "something special".

i don't wear a great deal of make up daily anyway, but it rattled me.

i pay the same membership as everyone else there and if i wanted to go to the gym in fake eyelashes and full party make up i would!

- rant over -

xo

If I'm coming straight from work I sometimes don't bother taking my makeup off. But when I wipe my sweat from my forehead on to my shirt or a towel and then it is all dirty looking for the rest of the workout then I'll sometimes wish I had. For the most part I don't care how women look in terms of hair or make up at the gym because who knows where they're coming from. Haters gon hate but I think it says something more about their character that they actually verbalized it (after all, everyone catches themselves being envious or spiteful or having otherwise negative thoughts about someone but we mostly keep it to ourselves and try not to be rude). They gym should not make people feel uncomfortable.

However, I admit sometimes I'm a hater. Not because make-up or hair but I hate when I see women (and men) "performing" at the gym. I'm not sure if anyone else has witnessed it but everyone glances at others at the gym to take notes on their routine or their form, etc but then it is another thing when I see a woman on a machine and she's clearly looking around for other people to notice her (for example, she'll be eyeing the same guy or group of guys and won't work out until they look at her).
  • I have makeup remover wipes and take off my makeup if I go to the gym after work. Personally I hate to get sweaty with makeup on.

I know I'm going to hate replies on this but I hate seeing women who do have makeup on at the gym. It grosses me out and I don't think it's the place to wear makeup, but in saying that I would never say anything to anyone to make them feel bad at the gym. That's a sure sign of a bully.

I can get why you choose to wipe your makeup off, no big deal, but why on earth does it irritate you for others to not wipe their makeup off? In what way, shape or form does it affect you? I'm genuinely curious, not hating. I can tell you, I for one, am not going to wipe my makeup off just to appease others.

• wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    I go to the gym during lunch. If I've chosen to wear makeup that day to work, I have makeup on when I work out. Add to that the fact that I don't sweat much. I'm sure it looks like I don't go hard, but I'm there for me and only me. Who cares what others think.
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    I have makeup remover wipes and take off my makeup if I go to the gym after work. Personally I hate to get sweaty with makeup on.

I can get why you choose to wipe your makeup off, no big deal, but why on earth does it irritate you for others to not wipe their makeup off? In what way, shape or form does it affect you? I'm genuinely curious, not hating. I can tell you, I for one, am not going to wipe my makeup off just to appease others.

I just think it's inappropriate. There are certain places where you dress a certain way because of social decorum. You wouldn't wear the same mini skirt to church that you would wear to the club. Same rules apply to makeup.