Quest bars

Options
13»

Replies

• BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Quest will send you 2 free samples if you want to try them first. On their website there's a link

I can't find this on their site, can you help direct me?

• Jimmyftw94
    Jimmyftw94 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Are there any other bar of this caliber that are less expensive? Or close to?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein bars are close if you don't care about the fiber. Since I get my fiber elsewhere, the fiber portion is moot to me.
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    My supervisor, who is a dietitian, recommends them. They have relatively simple ingredients
  • empireman85
    empireman85 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    www.questnutrition.com/freesample/

or just google quest bar free sample
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Ummm, Quest Bars have the same amount of calories, but less fat and more protein than the Nature Valley bars posted...just an FYI.

I'm not a fan of Quest bars as I think they are too pricey for what you get and I haven't found one that I like the taste of.

They have a great macro breakdown though for a nutrition bar.

Yes, all foods are healthy in the right scenario, including these.

This. I was so tempted on buying a few the other day, but then noticed how expensive they are... shame too as I've always wanted to try one.

I've also heard a common consensus that the cinnamon roll and cookies and cream are their best flavors. I'll stick to my Greek yogurt or Fiber One brownies, thanks.

• MistyinTN
    MistyinTN Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried Quest bars yet but I'm in love with Clif bars, crunchy peanut butter.
  • Jimmyftw94
    Jimmyftw94 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I think Nature Valley Protein bar are the best bang for your buck. It's still classified as having high protein and low sugar for a protein bar and you can get it at a regular store.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    I eat a quest bar chocolate chip cookie dough every day as part of lunch (delicious!) My primary macro concern was as much protein for my calorie bang as possible. Pure protein is similar, but not as tasty to me and higher in carbs and sugar if I remember correctly. Obviously a protein shake could give me a higher protein per calorie ratio but I prefer the act of chewing. So that's where I am at. All the cheap bars have half the protein for the same calories.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Jimmyftw94 wrote: »
    I think Nature Valley Protein bar are the best bang for your buck. It's still classified as having high protein and low sugar for a protein bar and you can get it at a regular store.

Pure Protein are under a buck a piece and have better macros. Just letting you know. They can be gotten at Target.

• LeslieCampbell35
    LeslieCampbell35 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Quest will send you 2 free samples if you want to try them first. On their website there's a link

I can't find this on their site, can you help direct me?

On their main page go to contact us. Fill out your name and email. In the comments put that you would like to request a free sample. They will email you back and tell you which flavors you can pick from and ask for your address

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    The other bars suggested dont have as good macros. Quest is usually 170 for 20g protein. Additionally, they use whey protein and dont rely on lower quality protein sources (collagen, soy, milk, etc.) which have a lower bioavailability.

I think quest bars are an excellent choice as far as protein bars go.

they do have some with erithrytol and some with lo han go, stevia, and sucralose (splenda).

I dont understand the question though. "healthy" how?
  • llynn1976
    llynn1976 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The apple pie quest bars and cookies and cream are good, extremely filling @ 17-18 grams of fiber and 20+ grams of protein
  • noelslp
    noelslp Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I love Quest bars! High protein, high fiber, low sugar, and taste great! I also love their protein chips! The BBQ flavor is my favorite!!