• asianfashionista86
    asianfashionista86 Posts: 5,039 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Humanity is at the brink.... I mean how much I love people
  • for_ever_young66
    for_ever_young66 Posts: 2,878 Member
    Options
    Complete strangers who live in another part of the world are a lot more supportive of your fitness goals than friends and family.
  • Iscah13
    Iscah13 Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    ready4_50 wrote: »
    Complete strangers who live in another part of the world are a lot more supportive of your fitness goals than friends and family.

Have to agree with this.
  • flinx1241
    flinx1241 Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    borst14 wrote: »

Have to agree with this.

Funny what a little common struggle can lead to...
  • Watch_Me_Rise
    Watch_Me_Rise Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    How many calories I'm actually consuming on a daily basis :(
    That the camaraderie that comes with losing weight and making healthy choices helps a lot :)

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Young women like older men....online.
  • hornseyme
    hornseyme Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    People need validation and want to demolish me
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    hornseyme wrote: »
    People need validation and want to demolish me

In only 12 posts.
    Classic.

• 95savvy
    95savvy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    that people are still *kitten* holes.
  • SojournerThirteen
    SojournerThirteen Posts: 28,204 Member
    Options
    How some of my posts don't appear to resonate with a single reader/poster in here
    Maybe they did my friend, I know I heard you.

For me:

I learned that logging food really helps me

I've also met some amazing people here in very grateful for their support and friendships.

Thank you for acknowledging D4L. You are a Treat of a Soul!
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    That I am prone to addiction! :tongue:
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    That my Facebook friends aren't nearly as good looking as my MFP friends...except for the select few who have crossed over.
  • SojournerThirteen
    Options
    ilfaith wrote: »
    That my Facebook friends aren't nearly as good looking as my MFP friends...except for the select few who have crossed over.

This made me chuckle!
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,763 Member
    Options
    That when I measure out how many Oreo's I'm going to eat before I start eating them, I am usually just lying to myself.
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

By the way, stranger- you rock the fitness!!

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    That ladies like to take photo specifically for hump day.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    We all need help sometime. That can come in many forms... An ear, a shoulder, someone to carry you, a sanity check, joyful distraction, new/previously unknown options, a hug, a hand holding, a psychologist, a psychiatrist, a doctor, an MFP post, an MFP message, and MFP romp with friends through the forums, a vacation/break, new job, etcetera.

It saddens me to think that some people think they can get through certain periods of difficulty in their life on their own, while ignoring signs that something real is wrong and getting worse. I used to be one of these people until the signs became too frightening for me to ignore--it took fear of a future very different from what I desired, to motivate me to seek professional help. Fortunately, there is no physical evidence of permanent damage... the brain is surprisingly resilient in some ways.

All the human interaction of counselors and psychologists helps, but there would be no real solution for me had it not been for my primary doctor. She was able to help me figure out the root of my anxieties, depression, and growing sense of hopelessness--a chemical shortage in my brain.

This has been a huge victory for me and my family and I do my best to not take a single day for granted (not that I did before).

Some days, I now feel like I am in my 20's... The medication I'm on to boost my serotonin levels provided a significant flip for me in some ways, but I'm also smart enough to know that part of my newly found zest in life has been boosted in affect by some of my MFPs.

To those of you who actually read this and are not repulsed, I thank you! To those of you straddling the fence on the question of help or not, I hope my story helps you decide and make the best choice for YOU!

Love and best of all things to every one of you. A special thanks to a select few and a very special one of MFPs for taking a serious chunk of edge of my usually too serious personality (8^***

^^^^^^He probably broke the character limit of this forum (AND OTHERS!) HEhehehe

You are right. We all need help sometime. Thanks for sharing your story!

• SojournerThirteen
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »
    We all need help sometime. That can come in many forms... An ear, a shoulder, someone to carry you, a sanity check, joyful distraction, new/previously unknown options, a hug, a hand holding, a psychologist, a psychiatrist, a doctor, an MFP post, an MFP message, and MFP romp with friends through the forums, a vacation/break, new job, etcetera.

It saddens me to think that some people think they can get through certain periods of difficulty in their life on their own, while ignoring signs that something real is wrong and getting worse. I used to be one of these people until the signs became too frightening for me to ignore--it took fear of a future very different from what I desired, to motivate me to seek professional help. Fortunately, there is no physical evidence of permanent damage... the brain is surprisingly resilient in some ways.

All the human interaction of counselors and psychologists helps, but there would be no real solution for me had it not been for my primary doctor. She was able to help me figure out the root of my anxieties, depression, and growing sense of hopelessness--a chemical shortage in my brain.

This has been a huge victory for me and my family and I do my best to not take a single day for granted (not that I did before).

Some days, I now feel like I am in my 20's... The medication I'm on to boost my serotonin levels provided a significant flip for me in some ways, but I'm also smart enough to know that part of my newly found zest in life has been boosted in affect by some of my MFPs.

To those of you who actually read this and are not repulsed, I thank you! To those of you straddling the fence on the question of help or not, I hope my story helps you decide and make the best choice for YOU!

Love and best of all things to every one of you. A special thanks to a select few and a very special one of MFPs for taking a serious chunk of edge of my usually too serious personality (8^***

^^^^^^He probably broke the character limit of this forum (AND OTHERS!) HEhehehe

You are right. We all need help sometime. Thanks for sharing your story!

You are welcome Sweetie! Thanks for the feedback!
  • cdlee10
    cdlee10 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    People have messy houses.

i'm gonna give this original post props...so true. no shame though its all good. so many good peeps
  • maeld51
    maeld51 Posts: 3,415 Member
    Options
    I've learned that I'm stronger than I gave myself credit for and I'm cool with who I am,,,,,finally.