Weightloss without intense exercise results needed ?

hi I lost 71lbs in 2012 i regained 1/2 tore my calf muscle & ive knee problems
I wondered how much weight you lost with only walking as exercise in how long ? Thanks

Replies

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,787 Member
    I lost 60+ pounds in about 6 months with only walking as my exercise. Just keep a weather eye on your diet, weigh and log everything faithfully, etc.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    I think it all depends on how many calories you are eating. Ive seen numerous success stories of people losing 75+ pounds without exercise.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited January 2015
    58 pounds since the first of October
    Still going strong

First weeks no walking and have build it up to now 70 minutes daily walking ( and even some jogging in it)
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    That's great thanks :)
    Ive burning knee problem with pain so need to see my doctor
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    i have knee and back problems but since i started walking it is getting stronger and stronger. The last time my knee protested is almost a month ago :) Lucky me. Of course all the weight loss helps.

I hope that this will help you too.
  • sandown12
    Yes thanks :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I've lost 24lbs in 3mths with zero exercise
  • jakichan
    jakichan Posts: 109 Member
    Exercise is overrated. In fact too much exercise can be counterproductive, as your body demands extra calories for all that work. However, no matter how much you exercise if your nutrition is off you won't lose. Cyclists say "You can't outride a bad diet."
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    i always heard exercise is for your heart, your diet is for your weight loss.
  • jakichan
    jakichan Posts: 109 Member
    Truth. I'm still "obese" (about 50 pounds to go). But my resting heart rate is 52bpm now. If I see a doctor I don't know and they take vitals I have to clue them in. Someone "my size" shouldn't have a heart rate that low, according to one doctor. (He was a rude fellow, so I dropped him like I drop slow cyclists...)
  • I've lost 24lbs in 3mths with zero exercise
    What type of diet were you on?
  • Christine_72
    csferco615 wrote: »
    What type of diet were you on?

I do alternate day fasting. Eat my tdee on one day and 500 the next, and repeat. I haven't been this weight since high school. I'm 42 now

• ek0513
    ek0513 Posts: 147 Member
    35 lbs lost with just eating less, and very minimal exercise.
  • Bump
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,751 Member
    122lbs lost since April 18th with nothing but deficit + some walking/increased general activity level as the weight's come off and I feel better.
  • Christine_72
    122lbs lost since April 18th with nothing but deficit + some walking/increased general activity level as the weight's come off and I feel better.

Awesomeness! ! Well done :smile:
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    If you want to lose weight, you don't need exercise. If you want to be healthy, you should both lose weight and exercise.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,072 Member
    I lost my first 30 lbs in three and a half months with walking as my main exercise (occasionally I'd turn on music and dance in the living room when I wasn't able to get out for a walk in the daylight). But accurate logging and maintaining a calorie deficit is what enabled me to lose weight. Exercise is for my health.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    sandown12 wrote: »
    hi I lost 71lbs in 2012 i regained 1/2 tore my calf muscle & ive knee problems
    I wondered how much weight you lost with only walking as exercise in how long ? Thanks
    You don't have to exercise to lose weight, all you have to do is eat less calories than you burn. That's it.
  • sandown12

How many cals are you on well done