Weightloss without intense exercise results needed ?

2»

Replies

• sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Thanks for your replies and well done

It's not that I don't want t to exercise my knee pain stops me

I'm not sure if I'm eating the right calories

I did fasting 5:2 but only lost 6lbs in 2 weeks then nothing for 4 weeks

I lost 71lbs in 2012 cal counting but lots exercise

• 58 pounds since the first of October
    Still going strong

First weeks no walking and have build it up to now 70 minutes daily walking ( and even some jogging in it)

• Good job!!
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    About 70 lbs lost in 8-9 months with just walking. I do more exercise now to keep it off.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    exercise is for health...calorie deficit is for weight loss. The only thing exercise does is help create a bigger deficit but you don't "need" to exercise to lose weight. I personally lost my first 25lbs in 3-4 months without exercise lost the last 35 with weight lifting. Prefer to do it with exercise.
  • thecraftinista
    thecraftinista Posts: 66 Member
    A few years ago I lost about 60lbs in four months from just walking. Granted, I also switched my diet quite drastically and cut out most fat and added sugar and had small portions, but the only exercise I did was walking.
  • rainbow118
    rainbow118 Posts: 95 Member
    I just started my diet jan. 1st. For exercise I go on my elliptical for 30mins, I don't work out fast just get on and go. I have bad SI Joints so intense exercise is out of the question. I have lost 6lbs so far with diet and exercising 3-4 times a week.
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    sandown12 wrote: »
    Thanks for your replies and well done

It's not that I don't want t to exercise my knee pain stops me

I'm not sure if I'm eating the right calories

I did fasting 5:2 but only lost 6lbs in 2 weeks then nothing for 4 weeks

I lost 71lbs in 2012 cal counting but lots exercise

Don't worry about stalling. I tend to lose several pounds a week and then stall. As long as I keep at it I have a big drop again later. I average about 1 to 1.5 lb a week but it's really more like drop 5 or 6 in two weeks and then nothing the rest of the month. Then all of a sudden I start dropping again.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Good job!!

Thank you :)

• sandown12
    Thankyou
    Hopefully will sort knee out ive a treadmill at home so could try that
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    i always heard exercise is for your heart, your diet is for your weight loss.

Not the whole story though.

Op ofc if you just want to lose weight then you can do it simply by portion control and eating so you are in a deficit as some people do.

If you want to be healthy and get the substantial health benefits, then you should exercise.
    If you are seeing your Dr then you could do with being referred to a physio so they cna recommend what you should do. Part of that would assist with any pain you might get in your knee and to help strengthen it. A lot of people are very shortsighted and dismissive of exercise, its very important for your long term health.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    jakichan wrote: »
    Exercise is overrated. In fact too much exercise can be counterproductive, as your body demands extra calories for all that work. However, no matter how much you exercise if your nutrition is off you won't lose. Cyclists say "You can't outride a bad diet."

Surely, you must mean you won't lose weight even with exercise unless you are at a calorie deficit?

You can lose weight even on poor nutrition. It's the calorie deficit that is key to weight loss no matter what other variables exist. However, I believe nutrition is important to overall health.
  • sandown12
    999tigger wrote: »
    i always heard exercise is for your heart, your diet is for your weight loss.

Not the whole story though.

Op ofc if you just want to lose weight then you can do it simply by portion control and eating so you are in a deficit as some people do.

If you want to be healthy and get the substantial health benefits, then you should exercise.
    If you are seeing your Dr then you could do with being referred to a physio so they cna recommend what you should do. Part of that would assist with any pain you might get in your knee and to help strengthen it. A lot of people are very shortsighted and dismissive of exercise, its very important for your long term health.

I'm sorry I do know all this I didn't ask if it's healthy to exercise obviously it is
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    I've had to stop exercising for the time being because my controlled migraines aren't controlled right now and exercise aggravates them (I have one pretty much all the time lately) and I'm still losing weight at the same rate I have been... a pound a week.