Have not lost a lb in over a week

Options

Replies

• MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    oldmomma wrote: »
    jimmy0911 wrote: »
    That's a great way of thinking of it. I need to do my measurements. That will help. I realize the scale is not everything. I need to stop putting so much stock in it

Yup! Focusing only on the scale will drive you nuts. I've had weeks where I lost zero-some where I gained a bit. Then all of a sudden I lose 3 pounds! But I know exactly what you mean: seeing no loss after being dedicated can be such a bummer. Losses seem to motivate more than anything-but just know that if you continue what you're doing there is NO way you can't lose. But if you stop- you can and probably will gain.
    Keep at it! :)

Very motivating!!!! Makes me wanna go work out again right now
  • kccadmac
    kccadmac Posts: 13
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm going through the same thing. Watching my diet so carefully and seeing no results. Glad to see the words of encouragement in this post. Good luck and keep going!!
  • MrsKila
    Options
    kccadmac wrote: »
    I'm going through the same thing. Watching my diet so carefully and seeing no results. Glad to see the words of encouragement in this post. Good luck and keep going!!

Good luck to you also. Have you lost any since you started?
  • kccadmac
    Options
    Approx 4 lbs but feel like I should see more loss. Patience is not one of my virtues to be sure.
  • kccadmac
    Options
    I gained 30lbs since I had a surgery three and a half years ago and it's true about how it's tougher to take off as you get older.
  • caseyfern
    Options
    If I believed my scales as the main source of info, I'd go crazy. According to them, I'm down 15lbs since reactivating on January 3rd. But tomorrow, they might say I'm up two, or down three, or not a bit of change - and this was an expensive scale! So I climb on once a day more for entertainment than gospel.

My tape measure, on the other hand, is much more honest and reliable, has no batteries to run down, and is unflinchingly accurate. Naturally, I am not consulting it too often or I'd go the other side of crazy.
  • ebarbour0513
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way too. I get so frustrated when I don't see results, BUT like everyone else has said-we don't need to emphasize so much on the number the scale shows. I try to weigh only once every 2 weeks now, so that I won't obsess over the silly number on the scale.
  • MrsKila
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way too. I get so frustrated when I don't see results, BUT like everyone else has said-we don't need to emphasize so much on the number the scale shows. I try to weigh only once every 2 weeks now, so that I won't obsess over the silly number on the scale.

Yes. The number is silly. But it makes you want to work harder when you see that it decreases I just don't understand why the scale Stalls. sometimes you just want to say I forget about it
  • MrsKila
    Options
    caseyfern wrote: »
    If I believed my scales as the main source of info, I'd go crazy. According to them, I'm down 15lbs since reactivating on January 3rd. But tomorrow, they might say I'm up two, or down three, or not a bit of change - and this was an expensive scale! So I climb on once a day more for entertainment than gospel.

My tape measure, on the other hand, is much more honest and reliable, has no batteries to run down, and is unflinchingly accurate. Naturally, I am not consulting it too often or I'd go the other side of crazy.

Lol. I really have to do my measurements. What part of your body do you measure I was planning on doing my waistline what should I do my arms also?
  • MrsKila
    Options
    kccadmac wrote: »
    I gained 30lbs since I had a surgery three and a half years ago and it's true about how it's tougher to take off as you get older.

this has definitely proven true for me. I used to be able to cut my car since 21 grams today and know by the end of the month that I would lose at least 15 town. Now I'm holding all the bed 9.7 pound for dear life lol
  • desika8787
    desika8787 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Don't let these numbers discourage you... There have been weeks I haven't lost one single lbs (I even gained some) but I lost inches - especially as a woman depending on your hormonal cycle the body fluit/water retention is different... :smile:
  • MrsKila
    Options
    desika8787 wrote: »
    Don't let these numbers discourage you... There have been weeks I haven't lost one single lbs (I even gained some) but I lost inches - especially as a woman depending on your hormonal cycle the body fluit/water retention is different... :smile:

so how long do you typically stall for?
  • MrsKila
    Options
    Happy to have an update
  • Ewok31
    Ewok31 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    open your diary
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    everyone is different and will lose weight differently as well. for me I can go months without losing anything and then a month or two later Im 5 lbs lighter. some people lose weight slower than others. just do your workouts(dont kill yourself doing them either) and make sure you weigh all your food. measure your waist,hips,thighs,legs. you can measure your arms if you want to as well. I know when I dont see the scale move more often than not I have lost inches.

I weight lift as well and it has helped me to lose inches and fat. you may gain a little muscle weightlifting at a caloric deficit but it wont be much.(trust me Ive been doing it over 2 years so far). You also wont get bulky like a man because we women dont have the amount of testosterone a man has to build the bulky muscle. stick with 3-4 days of lifting and the rest cardio.make sure you at least take one day off to let your muscles repair themselves. also when weight lifting your body will retain water as well to help your muscles repair themselves so that could be part of the issue.watch sodium intake,that can make you retain water if you eat too much.
  • drbcru
    drbcru Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've been playing w/the same 3 lbs for over 2 weeks - I feel like the old nursery ryhme - off again, on again, gone again Flanagan. And I admit after the 1st week of being really "good" about everything and not loosing, but gaining I vegged that weekend. I didn't eat, but I didn't exercise. Then Sunday nite at 9:30 I thought about it, was supposed to log in on the 100 mile challenge and got mad at myself; I got up and did 40 mins of walking/dancing. And was proud I did that. Even if I don't lose a pound, adding the water and dedicating at least 30 mins to walking is improving my health. Eating the right foods in the right amount. Sure we all want to be skinnier but if you don't have health, skinny doesn't do you any good. So my goal is to be healthier, which includes the proper foods, water and exercise to get that way and the rest will follow (fingers crossed). Not going to let the scale send me into a slump if my other numbers look good.
  • MrsKila
    Options
    Ewok31 wrote: »
    open your diary

I lost 1 lb. Today. That didn't show in my post for some reason
  • MrsKila
    Options
    Ewok31 wrote: »
    open your diary

its open. I lost one pound today I'm not sure why they didn't show up on my other Podt but I'm very happy about it
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking it's your cycle since you're 21 days in. You may see a higher number on the scale this week, then lose a few pounds when it's over.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I always gain about 3-5 lbs about 2 days before i start my period and by the last day it is all gone.