Options
    quickjeff wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    ketorach wrote: »
    if I was eating that insanely amount of low carbs and hitting the gym 5-6 days I would be a whiny you know what..

OP - do you have some kind of medical condition that makes you sensitive to carbs?

and out of curiosity, how do you define "clean"…?

Clean for me is = poultry, steak, fish. Lean meats, low carbs only to cut fat as quickly as possible. Basically to get more of a keto effect.
    You won't get a "keto effect" with 72g of carbs.

Anyway, you don't need to be keto to lose fat. Are you trying to cut fat and build muscle at the same time? Because... good luck with that.

OP clarified on page one that he just wanted "faster fat loss" gains because he has a vacation in June...
    Oh, OK. Well, I still think he should lift and eat more. :-)

that was my recommendation as well...and to eat more carbs...

I think he may follow it we shall see...

Thanks for Everyone's input! Truly appreciate it! I will increase the calories and carbs some more. Also working on lifting more. I am trying to burn fat and gain muscle.

good to hear OP!

Just one thing..it is really hard to almost impossible to burn fat and build muscle at the same time. since you are a beginner you may see some "newbie gains" but those peter out after a few months..

Reason being; more muscle requires more energy = calorie surplus; less fat requires energy deficit = calorie deficit...so as you can see the two are directly oppose to one another..

I like to use this analogy ..can you build a house and tear it down at the same time??

feel free to message me if you have any questions..
  • kelly30mad
    Options
    kelly30mad wrote: »
    kelly30mad wrote: »
    if I was eating that insanely amount of low carbs and hitting the gym 5-6 days I would be a whiny you know what..

OP - do you have some kind of medical condition that makes you sensitive to carbs?

Clean for me is = poultry, steak, fish. Lean meats, low carbs only to cut fat as quickly as possible. Basically to get more of a keto effect.

Anyway, you don't need to be keto to lose fat. Are you trying to cut fat and build muscle at the same time? Because... good luck with that.

OP clarified on page one that he just wanted "faster fat loss" gains because he has a vacation in June...

Hope u don't mind me askin!!! Im working out 3-4 times a week, I do boxing conditioning and suspension body weight work outs.. I jus need to sort my eating out now and get the weight off.. Im havin slice of bread and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter wit a banana, thas pre work out I then hav a protein shake after my workout. I'll have 2 eggs then later on chicken broccoli and spinach.. I snack on 10g of cashew nuts.. On the nutrition chart it says I'm goin over my fat intake

calorie deficit = fat loss

so if you are over on fat, but under on calories you will still lose...

what are your goals...fat loss/body recomp/etc?

Thank u!!! Was worrying I was doin it wrong..

Main aim at the moment is to get the weight off!!!! I know I hav muscle definition somewhere under neath lol..

Other thing is shld I be lifting heavy sets yet???

If u cld give me any tips wld be so greatful...

if your primary goal is fat loss then just keep eating in a deficit and do not worry so much about macros/food type...

I would suggest looking into the following programs - 5x5, strong lifts, or new rules of lifting for woman ...

Lifting heavy is what is heavy for you ..so if a exercise calls for 3 sets @ 8 reps and you can only lift 25# for 8 reps then that is heavy for you ...

Thanks for this will take it on board!!
  • quickjeff
    quickjeff Posts: 31 Member
    Options

Oh, OK. Well, I still think he should lift and eat more. :-)

that was my recommendation as well...and to eat more carbs...

I think he may follow it we shall see...

Thanks for Everyone's input! Truly appreciate it! I will increase the calories and carbs some more. Also working on lifting more. I am trying to burn fat and gain muscle.

good to hear OP!

Just one thing..it is really hard to almost impossible to burn fat and build muscle at the same time. since you are a beginner you may see some "newbie gains" but those peter out after a few months..

Reason being; more muscle requires more energy = calorie surplus; less fat requires energy deficit = calorie deficit...so as you can see the two are directly oppose to one another..

I like to use this analogy ..can you build a house and tear it down at the same time??

feel free to message me if you have any questions..
    Will do thanks!