Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Nope! Your body detoxes itself anyway.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Water is good. But what are you detoxing from?
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Your body naturally does it already. There isn't any reason to do anything more than weighing/ measuring food, counting calories, and staying active. Don't make it any harder than it has to be. :)

I guess I'm not seeing the difference between a water detox and just drinking water for health...
  • AndrewWood97
    AndrewWood97 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Not a good idea at all... What are you detoxing for?
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    What's a water detox?
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I'm confused... are you using water to detox your body or detoxing your body of water?
  • corinic91
    corinic91 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    I'm confused... are you using water to detox your body or detoxing your body of water?

^lol.
  • Azexas
    Options
    corinic91 wrote: »

^lol.

I wasn't actually trying to be funny lol. I wasn't sure what OP meant by water detox :)
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    If you're worried about extra salt, drinking a little extra water each day (an extra glass or two) can help (though you would still eat as normal). But not as a detox - just letting your body do its thing. Detoxes are pretty much always a bad idea.
  • sigw94
    sigw94 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    A water detox is used to get rid of the toxins in your body and supposedly helps you to slim down, I was thinking about it to help mr slim down..
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    sigw94 wrote: »
    A water detox is used to get rid of the toxins in your body and supposedly helps you to slim down, I was thinking about it to help mr slim down..

Your body doesn't build up toxins, your kidneys and liver take care of that for you. Adding more water in and eating fruits and vegetables as well as lean meats can help you feel better, but you don't need to detox. You are not full of toxins. If you needed to detox you would be in the hospital hooked up to a bunch of machines.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

Your body doesn't build up toxins, your kidneys and liver take care of that for you. Adding more water in and eating fruits and vegetables as well as lean meats can help you feel better, but you don't need to detox. You are not full of toxins. If you needed to detox you would be in the hospital hooked up to a bunch of machines.

Yeah that. ^^^^
  • Azexas
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

+1 ^^
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I use one of these.

Mavea-Elemaris-Water-Pitcher-B.jpg

That exact model, actually. Does a pretty good job of detoxifying (removes chlorine, etc.) the water I drink.
  • lulupixii
    Options
    He he. Hopefully not the later. ;)
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    water + liver = detox water

/end
  • Leilani117
    Leilani117 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love infused water (same as doing a water detox in a way). Gallon of cold water, add a whole lemon slice (or as many as you'd like), half a medium cucumber (or a whole one), and a sprig of mint (can be over powering if you use to much). Let sit over night and drink all day. :) I drink a full gallon a day. It's tasty, can help curve cravings, can help boost your metabolism, and come on...who doesn't get bored from drinking plain water constantly. Yes, water detoxes your body and your body does it on its own, but why not add some flavor in to the mix.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Leilani117 wrote: »
    I love infused water (same as doing a water detox in a way). Gallon of cold water, add a whole lemon slice (or as many as you'd like), half a medium cucumber (or a whole one), and a sprig of mint (can be over powering if you use to much). Let sit over night and drink all day. :) I drink a full gallon a day. It's tasty, can help curve cravings, can help boost your metabolism, and come on...who doesn't get bored from drinking plain water constantly. Yes, water detoxes your body and your body does it on its own, but why not add some flavor in to the mix.

This is full of so many inaccuracies, my head nearly exploded.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Leilani117 wrote: »

There is no proof it "boosts your metabolism". Lemon, cucumber and mint can help reduce bloating and a gallon of water a day would help ease water retention.