Water detox!

Options
2»

Replies

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Leilani117 wrote: »
    I love infused water (same as doing a water detox in a way). Gallon of cold water, add a whole lemon slice (or as many as you'd like), half a medium cucumber (or a whole one), and a sprig of mint (can be over powering if you use to much). Let sit over night and drink all day. :) I drink a full gallon a day. It's tasty, can help curve cravings, can help boost your metabolism, and come on...who doesn't get bored from drinking plain water constantly. Yes, water detoxes your body and your body does it on its own, but why not add some flavor in to the mix.

So, you're just flavoring your water. Lemon and mint are not magical, and the reason your "curving" your cravings is because you're keeping yourself full up on water.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    sigw94 wrote: »
    A water detox is used to get rid of the toxins in your body and supposedly helps you to slim down, I was thinking about it to help mr slim down..

this is why we have kidneys, our bodies don't have "toxins" that make us gain weight. Excessive amount of food makes us gain weight.

water is great to help keep you hydrated and keep the bloating down when you workout hard (A.k.a drink water to help with water retention),
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Leilani117 wrote: »
    I love infused water (same as doing a water detox in a way). Gallon of cold water, add a whole lemon slice (or as many as you'd like), half a medium cucumber (or a whole one), and a sprig of mint (can be over powering if you use to much). Let sit over night and drink all day. :) I drink a full gallon a day. It's tasty, can help curve cravings, can help boost your metabolism, and come on...who doesn't get bored from drinking plain water constantly. Yes, water detoxes your body and your body does it on its own, but why not add some flavor in to the mix.

yeah, um, no...
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    A water detox is used to get rid of the toxins in your body and supposedly helps you to slim down, I was thinking about it to help mr slim down..

Your body doesn't build up toxins, your kidneys and liver take care of that for you. Adding more water in and eating fruits and vegetables as well as lean meats can help you feel better, but you don't need to detox. You are not full of toxins. If you needed to detox you would be in the hospital hooked up to a bunch of machines.

For. The . Win.

I will be so glad when (and if) this obsession with detoxes finally stops. Eat better, move more, drink lotsa water. It's basic math, not quantum calculus.

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options

Ok, let's say you do this... and you slim down... You do realize once you start eating you'll go back up again, right? Just eat at a deficit (slim down that way), and enjoy your food with water if you want water so badly. :drinker:

Too much water will kill you BTW, just FYI. :sick:
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Is this the plan where you don't eat any food and drink nothing but water for a week? Because if that is your plan it is very very bad.

You only need to detox if you're addicted to drugs or alcohol - and then it should be done in a professional facility. Any other detox is just nonsense.

Drink your water - along with eating healthy and you'll do fine.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    I use one of these.

Mavea-Elemaris-Water-Pitcher-B.jpg

That exact model, actually. Does a pretty good job of detoxifying (removes chlorine, etc.) the water I drink.

I drink tap water with no filter. I'm probably gonna die.
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    No.
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Just drink as much friggin water as you can stomach, it work wonders. It doesn't need a catchy brand name or BS words like 'detox'.
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    The body and kidneys only need 2oz of fluid per hour for optimal function and hydration. When you drink lots and lots of water/fluids you are actually harming your kidneys making them work overtime. In some cases you can even kill a kidney with too much fluid when you have kidney problems that have gone undiagnosed.
    If you sip on 32 oz of fluids during your waking hours - that's all you need!
    (I worked in Nephrology for many many years)
  • Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    WTF is a water detox? You mean drinking 8+ glasses of water a day? Then, yes... drinking water is a good idea. *confused*
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    I use one of these.

That exact model, actually. Does a pretty good job of detoxifying (removes chlorine, etc.) the water I drink.

No, no, no. I have a sensitive digestive system. Drinking city tap water without filtering it first gives me the *kitten*. I've discovered this through trial and error.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    I use one of these.

No, no, no. I have a sensitive digestive system. Drinking city tap water without filtering it first gives me the *kitten*. I've discovered this through trial and error.

I think that NYC water is supposed to be pretty clean, so I haven't bothered filtering it.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I use one of these.

I think that NYC water is supposed to be pretty clean, so I haven't bothered filtering it.

If there's chlorine in it, I can't drink it.

I can drink water from my parents well, which is 360 ft deep, without issue. All they filter out is the sediment and have a UV filter for the bacteria. However, any chemically treated city water I've drank has given me issues.