Four months after stopping cardio/counting calories - You should try it.

Options

Replies

• karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Omfg you look amazing!!!
  • ajnb88
    ajnb88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Omfg you look amazing!!!
    Thank you :3 I (and the guys at the gym, who give me endless support) have no idea what the hell my body is doing with regard to food, (constant eating, yet constant fat loss) but the results seem to be coming, so all good! :)
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    There is a chick at my gym like that, she finds the more she eats, the more she loses. If she restricts her calories, she gains. Maybe you two are alike?
    Either way, keep up the awesomeness. You look amazing
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hot stuff !!!
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    ajnb88 wrote: »
    Update: My arms are finally starting to get somewhere :) :

B_MBz2KW0AAxxM7.jpg

Well really.....just...wow!
  • cjames010
    cjames010 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Really, really nice.
    Thanks for sharing.
  • aquamarina_182
    aquamarina_182 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    very nice :)
  • ajnb88
    Options
    My abs and obliques are starting to show progress now :)

ldl4pc4qk732.jpg
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    bravo! You did it :)
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation-you look really great!!!! Thanks for sharing your tips!!! (*)
  • taraphannaford
    taraphannaford Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    What you did is essentially what I want to do. I'm wondering if it would be different for women? I'm trying to lose about 40lbs then gain 10 back lifting weights. This is totally awesome! Good work and congratulations!
  • ajnb88
    Options
    What you did is essentially what I want to do. I'm wondering if it would be different for women? I'm trying to lose about 40lbs then gain 10 back lifting weights. This is totally awesome! Good work and congratulations!

The rate may be different, due to hormonal and physical differences, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work for you :) and thanks :)

• lili61
    lili61 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss. I don't mean to minimize what you did before, but in my opinion you look sooo much healthier now. Even your face has filled out more, and muscle is always going to look better than being skinny. Great job!
  • lili61
    lili61 Posts: 231 Member
    Options

Start lifting now if you haven't already! I didn't start lifting until I'd lost about 20 pounds and now I'm down about 30 with some recomp and wish I'd started at the very beginning!

• lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    pretty damn awesome.
  • ajnb88
    Options
    lili61 wrote: »
    Congratulations on your weight loss. I don't mean to minimize what you did before, but in my opinion you look sooo much healthier now. Even your face has filled out more, and muscle is always going to look better than being skinny. Great job!

Thank you :) Yeah, as I said earlier, I don't think I realised how skinny I was getting. Looking back on it, I don't really like how I looked then :(

Bizarrely, I'm not actually much heavier than in the skinny pic at the moment. For the last few months I've been clearly gaining muscle, but the last remnants of fat have been falling off, countering what would be weight gain.

pretty damn awesome.

Thanks
  • ajnb88
    Options
    (there was meant to be a :) after that thanks, my phone won't let me edit it properly..! :(
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Wow you look hot :D
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Everyone wanting a tip.... take it from the OP...

I started lifting 2 months ago and boy are my muscles coming through!!! I "forgave" the last 5 pounds that wouldn't come off so I decided to make that fat into muscle (you get the point)... Women out there, you got to try this!

OP, you look fantastic and kudos for the post!
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    It's so frustrating when I tell my friends, that I want to continue to lift weights as I continue to monitor my eating habits. They tell me, "yeah, you're getting strong, but you're looking bulky!" It's a wonder why we are still friends, BUT I try to explain, I look "bulky" because I have fat that I still need to lose! So as they trek away on the treadmills for an hour, I will still continue to lift, and in 6 months they will be wanting to build back up from being skinny fat and I will retain the lean mass I worked on during that time.

Great job OP! :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!