Tattoo Nightmares

Options

Replies

• jolene_ca
    jolene_ca Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I don't have any bad tattoos myself. I love all of mine. But I really enjoy the show. They do some amazing work.
  • fatt_boyy_slimm
    Options
    This thread is precisely why tattoos are a fairly...scratch that.... EXTREMELY ill-advised body modification.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    This thread is precisely why tattoos are a fairly...scratch that.... EXTREMELY ill-advised body modification.

To each his own.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options

In your opinion.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Ok here we go.. original, during, and the last one I just took today!

KimDeakinPre-txB_zps3261f2c8.jpg

HPIM1755_zps6325723f.jpg

HPIM1780_zpsfbb5611d.jpg

misc188_zps00be4824.jpg

HPIM1858_zps95229b39.jpg

972264_10152886750955385_2083571167_n_zps48778ff8.jpg
  • Feisty_one
    Feisty_one Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    well ive got loads of tattoos, i have had one cover up, but could do with a couple more, plus im not entirely happy with my chest tattoo, purple was meant to be a lot lighter than it is, but im hoping i can do something with it, :)
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    When my husband was 18 he got a confederate flag with the word Texas underneath it. He got it to match his uncle's & didn't consider the ramifications. About 16-17 years ago, we went through the process of trying to have it removed. It was not very successful & the tattoo itself was not well done & had raised scars. He went to another tattoo artist locally & did a coverup of what was left after the removal. He now has a very nice dragon. You cannot see the ink from the previous tattoo, but in certain lights the underlying scars can be seen.

Even with all this, I still want to get some tattoos myself & my husband also talks about getting more. The uncle that inspired the original bad tattoo recently passed away & my husband has talked about getting a tattoo that matches the uncle's confederate flag cover-up. I'm hoping he picks something else--that man just did not have good taste in tattoos.

I don't have any pictures of the removal. I'll look & see if I can find one where you can see new tattoo.

I love the Tattoo NIghtmares show. Some things I've learned: don't get a tattoo when you are intoxicated, don't get a tattoo on a bet, if someone offers you a free tattoo it will probably be crap.
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options

I disagree. This thread just emphasizes why it is important to do your homework about the artist doing your tattoo.
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    Love this show
  • FitWithWit44
    FitWithWit44 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I watched that show last night and all 3 of the artists are insanely talented.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I am not really "into" tattoos. I have 3, got them as soon as I was old enough many years ago...and if they were easier to remove I'd probably just have one or zero...but to be honest I like them all MUCH better than the potential weird scarred or discolored areas from removal. Thankfully they are nothing bad and still look good and the one with color is still vibrant after 19 years.

I know two different women around my age (mid to late 30s) who got cross tattoos when they were young even though they weren't religious, they thought it looked "cool" and they now regret that.

Countless girls from my high school days (1990s) got dolphin tattoos and bizarre looking tramp stamps. Another friend had a HUGE scorpion tattooed across her belly, almost hip to hip...she has gained probably close to 200 lb and borne 3 children including C-section twins, I would hate to see the scorpion now.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    My lower back tattoo, which btw a 5 yr old told me about 8 yrs was known as a tramp stamp, needs to be touched up bc it is over 13 yrs old.
  • vms4evr
    vms4evr Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I watch it on and off. Watched a couple of them last night before bed. I'm not a big fan of ink on people but I respect people's choice to do it. Some look absolutely amazing and others like trash. I agree with the person who said, do your homework, research what, why, and whom will do it. It's for life.

Last night I saw each of the 3 people and each did an amazing fix. That is truly talent. Technical and artist.
  • FitWithWit44
    Options
    My lower back tattoo, which btw a 5 yr old told me about 8 yrs was known as a tramp stamp, needs to be touched up bc it is over 13 yrs old.

Willing to share a picture of the tat? :flowerforyou:
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    My very first tat.... it's not really a nightmare, however, it's not the way the original drawing was. As I've thought about it I realized maybe I should have just gone with the roses like I originally wanted.

So the main part is an antique cross (it's perfect), then there is a cancer ribbon at the top of the cross (again perfect), and at the bottom are 2 lilies. The cross and ribbon are amazing, and exactly what I wanted. The lilies look cartoonish, and really do not fit the rest of the piece. So I either need to find an artist that can touch up the lilies and make them realistic or just cover it with the roses..... they were meant to stand for my grandparents anyway, and Gma always had a rose garden..... I did the lilies because roses just seemed so cliche!
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options

lol...I would be if I could ever figure out an easy and quick way to load pics on here :)
  • FitWithWit44
    Options

lol...I would be if I could ever figure out an easy and quick way to load pics on here :)

Do you have it stored online? If so, just put the link between [IMG][/IMG] with the img in lowercase. If it isn't already stored online, upload it to your profile and right click the picture to get the link
  • FitWithWit44
    Options
    I am watching an episode right now. There is a woman with a tat of dogs humping on her butt cheek, with "Romi Rome Style" written above it. Plus Lorenzo Lamas is getting a blue horse covered on his back.
  • FitWithWit44
    Options
    During the reveal this woman says "the past is the past, no one will no about it now." Ummm, except for the thousands of people watching the show.
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few tattoos, only one disasterpiece. Gave it to myself on a bored day with a homemade tattoo machine using a straightened lighter spring as a needle.

18476_104380062922517_3568309_n_zps0dcc5bb8.jpg

I figure I'll get it covered up one, just haven't decided what to put over it and decided I shouldn't be so flippant about tattoos after this mess.