What "diet" is the right diet for life?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Eat food but not too much, mostly plants. Water. Sleep. Walk. In other words, whole foods mostly fruits and veggies with some meat but avoid overeating (eat just enough to get rid of hunger). Get enough sleep and walk a lot for low impact exercise. That and surround yourself with a positive, strong support system, reduce stress and have a mostly optimistic outlook towards life.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    PORTION CONTROL.

CHANGE UP YOUR WORK OUTS... STRENGTH, CARDIO, MIXTURE

DRINK LOOOOOOOTS OF WATER AND GREEN TEA IS GOOD TOO

GET SLEEP AND EAT YOUR VEGGIES

There is a list of diets and ways to live but just keep consistent and stay away from the junk! ;)

Or perhaps incorporate junk in small portions to keep things fun and prevent binges!
  • hmcbride68
    hmcbride68 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Breast milk ketogenic?? Where do people find this stuff?

100ml of human breast milk contains 1.3g of protein, 4.2g of fat, and 7.4g of wait for it...carbs! And those carbs are lactose (i.e. that evil sugar that kills everybody and makes you do bad things)

Unless abused and neglected, infants are anything by ketogenic. That's one of the most absurd notions I've seen in this forum thus far
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    dcavazos wrote: »
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    dcavazos wrote: »
    Any thoughts on the # of calories it advises you to eat? Honestly I have my calories set to 1800 (i have been tested and my BMR is about 2,000) \

What are your height/weight stats? That's the BMR of a 6'1" male...

I'm 5'2'' and 242 lbs. I had the VO2/OX test they have you do at those doctor's offices where you do medically supervised weight loss and they gave me my BMR. So I know my BMR is on the higher end of the spectrum.

Those tests are not accurate for obese individuals. The number you have is significantly too high.

I did the scooby calculator and it tells me 1600...

IMO that is over by ~300 calories. You're carrying huge portion of fat mass, which contributes virtually nothing to BMR. If you use the standard calculators in the standard way, you will get numbers that are too high.

Good luck! :drinker:
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    hmcbride68 wrote: »
    Unless abused and neglected, infants are anything by ketogenic. That's one of the most absurd notions I've seen in this forum thus far

I know. Patently ridiculous.