I am feeling overwhelmed and need some advice.

Options
2»

Replies

• Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    You are not alone many people jump in with both feet, over do it and burn out. A few things that have worked for me so far (I'm on day 136 and have lost 25 pounds).
    1) I changed my mental outlook instead of being on a diet, I'm changing my lifestyle

2) I made small changes, once those became routine I add another. The only things I have given up completely is cows milk (not for weight loss but because all of my kids have dairy issues), I no longer sneak chocolate (I'm allergic to it), and I gave up alcohol until I lost the first 20 pounds.

3) I know I'm not perfect, I'm going to make mistakes. I've learned to let go of it, and no longer let making a mistake give me permission to quit. Yes I've had days when I've gone over my calories, instead of letting that tell me see I can't do this and quitting, I let go of it and make the next day better.

4) log everything! You can set your diary so only you can view it (if you wish) but you must always be honest about what you eat.

5) for me I lose more if I eat back 20-25% of my exercise calories (I use a HRM, do NOT trust calorie burn estimates on MFP they are high (many users cut MFP estimated burns in half).

6) I learned weight loss is not linear (i started using the happy scale app and logging my weight there daily), which shows a steady decline in my weight. Prior to that I was weighing once a week and logging here (which I still do), but it was easy to get discouraged in seeing no loss or little loss, when in reality I just didn't see the fluxuations.

7) friends and support are a game changer for me, having the support from MFP friends has made a huge difference for me.

Feel free to add me if you like.