I always fail at diets.

Options
2»

Replies

• LauraSav97
    LauraSav97 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    sharonn44 wrote: »
    that is a good question. why do I lose my motivation. I still want to be slender. have more energy. less weight to carry up on my hikes and snowshoes. I know I eat for the wrong reasons and not because I am hungry.

Set yourself a very possible goal, lose one pound a week. I've become (mostly) used to the amount that I eat now during the weight loss stage, (I've lost 25 ibs, have another 25 I think to lose). It's fine if you have a bad day, you need to learn that. For very special occasions, for example my birthday, I won't think about it, I will damn eat that chocolate cake, that's my cake! Every now and then If I want a sundae from Hungry Jacks I will get that sundae and just make sure that it fits within my calorie limit.
    And most of all where it sounds like you're messing up; if you go over one day,
    a)Don't freak out
    b)Don't think "well I've done it now so I might as well eat more" NO every extra calorie is more calories and makes a difference.
    If you go over, try and make it up by eating that amount less the next day, or, if you go over by a big amount, break it up over a few days and eat a bit less than your limit each day to make it up. Don't just keep going once you realise you've got over (unless you're /actually/ hungry (and it's far in to your weight loss journey, if its in the first few days, don't just eat more cause you're hungry unless you're like /painful hungry/ it's normal to feel a tad hungry in the first month or two) but I think we both know, you're not. You just want to eat because it's fun. But when I get like this I think of a little fantasy I have about that one particular person that hasn't seen my weight loss yet and will be so surprised to see the healthy body in front of them, for me it's this little fantasy about the doctor who's been my GP since I was a baby finally seeing how healthy I am. Or about how comfortable you'll feel in a situation that overweight you wouldn't be comfortable in for example, i wore my first ever bikini today to a friends pool party and, although I'm shy and it took me a little while to get used to it, I felt comfortable, even in front of the guys :).

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    Approaching weight loss with NO COMMITMENT, will result in lackluster results. Commitment means overcoming obstacles and deterences that impede you from reaching whatever goal you set for yourself.
    Most people here have a "desire" to be leaner and in better shape. Few people actually commit to doing what it takes to do it though.
    Don't confuse effort with results. You either do it or you don't. Sounds harsh I know, but for many who just hover and get little done over years of trying, it's because they believe that not quitting is still "working" on it. This isn't a new story to me having heard it several times over the years in fitness.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png