1200 calories below but still dont lose weight

Options
2»

Replies

• krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    How did you measure 0.4 of a small Coke?
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Same old same old.

You are eating more than you think and burning less. If you arent weighing your food and you arent logging properly then its 95% certain its because you arent doing things accurately. Young people are the most impatient.
  • mae3599
    mae3599 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    How did you measure 0.4 of a small Coke?

A cup of McDonald coke shared with 3 person and with ice so thats y ;)
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    And you all measured exactly how many sips you took? .5 is half. Which means you drank almost half of a Coke you were splitting three ways? I think your biggest issue is that what you're eating and drinking is just not accurate. While it's great to share meals, it should be something that is actually divisible among three people. Either way, give it time - ten days isn't always enough time to see results. Good luck.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    nishant234 wrote: »
    I am eating ~1100 calories a day. I'm down 3.5 kg (8 pounds) in 12 days.

Your food diary would be helpful.
    Daiako wrote: »
    If you're eating under 1200 calories a day, you're not eating enough. Your body is holding on to what you eat in case it doesn't get any more food.

Doubtful.

It is quite possible.

so based on this logic, I can eat 200 calories a day and lose nothing….really?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    OP - ten days is not enough time ..it sometimes takes your body 2-4 weeks to adjust to a change and start losing.

However, if you are not logging correctly or weighing foods, then more than likely you are overestimating what you are eating.

I believe there is a study somewhere that says most people overestimate their calories by 40 to 50% ….

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Use a food scale.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    If you're eating under 1200 calories a day, you're not eating enough. Your body is holding on to what you eat in case it doesn't get any more food.

Nope. You can't defy physics like that. More likely they are under estimating their calories.
  • Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Weigh and measure everything. Also remember that you didn't gain all the weight in 10 days (or however long its been), you're not going to lose all the weight that quickly either. You have to be patient, be consistent, and track accurately.