Fitbit users

Options
I've connected my fitbit account to MFP but how long does it take before fitbit transfers info to MFP? I went for a long walk over 3hours ago and still can't see it on MFP.

Replies

• UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    It should do it automatically. Mine does...
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    My fitbit and mfp have not been syncing properly lately.
  • makinne
    makinne Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Try syncing your fitbit with the fitbit app, then reload mfp... Usually works for me when the sync is getting sluggish
  • arsc02
    arsc02 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've been having the same issue it's really frustrating. Need to disconnect and reconnect devices it has been fine up until the beginning of last week!!!
  • getnfitsparker
    getnfitsparker Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Same issues here
  • FitnessOverFood
    Options
    Note....make sure you log everything in MFP. Everything from MFP syncs TO Fitbit. But it doesn't work in the reverse.

My suggestion: I use Runkeeper to track my walks/runs/cycling. I sync that to MFP. From there, I just mark the time and duration, and add that information into fitbit under the "exercise", so that the data is equivalent.

But Fitbit cannot backwards sync into MFP for some reason. I've noticed (and I think it states it when you first link up the Fitbit to MFP), track everything through MFP and make the necessary time adjustments in the Fitbit App separately.
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    It should update automatically when your fitbit syncs.

You might also check the timezone setting for your fitbit and MFP and make sure they match. Not sure if that would cause a delay or not but it' good to double check.
  • Hily93
    Hily93 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks, it syncs but late in the day, I wish everything came on it directly though.. Thought it would..
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It will come thru within a few minutes of syncing your Fitbit thru the computer dongle or the phone app. Though sometimes I have to close the MFP app and reopen it.
    Hily93 wrote: »
    I've connected my fitbit account to MFP but how long does it take before fitbit transfers info to MFP? I went for a long walk over 3hours ago and still can't see it on MFP.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Is your Bluetooth switched on?
  • JenSBrown2015
    JenSBrown2015 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    ifyour using your apps on your phone..make sure you close down all open apps including fitbit and mfp and then open it and they should be synced
  • kirstycecilia
    kirstycecilia Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Go to your fitbit app/computer dongle first so it syncs with your device. The open the MFP app - go to the more section and press the sync button. That should force it to update!
  • xXBabyBelleXx
    xXBabyBelleXx Posts: 110 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Im sure I have read somewhere that it can take up to 15 mins for Fitbit to sync to MFP.

Found it !:

"Please note it may take up to 15 minutes for MyFitnessPal to show the last sync, so the numbers may vary slightly due to this delay."

Edit Also "Time Zone Settings

Be sure that your time zone settings are the same in your MyFitnessPal and Fitbit profiles. If our sites have a different idea about when your day is over, you'll see some strange behavior at the end of the day"

http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/906763-why-am-i-not-getting-a-fitbit-calorie-adjustment-
  • Hily93
    Hily93 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Go to your fitbit app/computer dongle first so it syncs with your device. The open the MFP app - go to the more section and press the sync button. That should force it to update!

Thanks!! I'm going to try this! It's suppose to sync through out the day, but it still hasn't and it almost 8PM here now..
  • arsc02
    arsc02 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I don't get why mine just stopped syncing nothing changed. Im over it now just logging my exercises manually on mfp.