Your Favourite Snack!

Options
Just want to bounce some ideas here.

A lot of my weight gain has been through snacking on the wrong stuff. For me and probably a lot of other people, this has been refined sugary carbs. However, I've learnt that I can snack without cravings and weight gain if I eat the right foods. Most of these are protein based and include eggs, nuts hummus and some less reined carbs like oatcakes and carrots for dipping in the hummus! Now I want to add to this list so please tell me what works for you?

Replies

• maydays0508
    maydays0508 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My go-to snacks are mixed nuts (small amount), light string cheese, or an apple with 1 Tbsp peanut butter.

I'll also toss the mini-boxes of raisins or yogurt-covered raisins in my purse for emergency snacks :)
  • Silver14
    Silver14 Posts: 141
    Options
    My "toss in my bag" snacks are mixed nuts, raw bars, and apples.

If I'm going to work and there is the fridge I take things like, Greek yogurt, watermelon, veggie sticks, hummus etc :)
  • PhoenixGT13
    PhoenixGT13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    2 prunes; for salty, Pringles honey butter wheat stix (1 serving) or Special K popcorn chips, buttery flavor; for ice cream cravings, Trader Joe's mini blueberry cheesecake wedges, 80 calories, or a homemade low-sugar lemonade ice pop
  • Maryloucoleman7
    Options
    I have a bag of cashew nuts on my counter and when i want a snack, i eat about 6-7. It satisfies me quickly. At night, I try to avoid any eating after supper but when I feel the need, I have crunchy apples that I slice and eat. Great!
  • erpar4
    erpar4 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Rice cake, tbsp peanut butter, 1/2 a banana. SO GOOD!
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Guava paste + cheese + toast = favorite snack
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    My guilty pleasure... sugar free Jello pudding (one individual serving) in a plain ice cream cone. Only 80 calories!
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I love nuts, too. I also like wasabi peas, any kind of fresh fruit, and popcorn.

Sparkles, I love guava paste too! Been a long time since I've had any, not sure our local store carries it.
  • Direnscure
    Direnscure Posts: 12
    Options
    The Good: Cantaloupe, various nuts.
    The Bad: M&Ms...
  • SierraMix
    SierraMix Posts: 2
    Options
    A ricecake with either Peanut or Almond butter????
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    turkey Perky Jerky ~ yummmmmmm!!!!

100 calories for the whole bag!
  • aliceb39
    aliceb39 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Graze.com (started in the UK, but now in the US, too) has a large variety of fun/different snacks that they mail to you weekly, bi-weekly, or other schedules; $5 for 4 snacks. I've been buying them for 3 or 4 months, every two weeks. They have sweet, savory, fiber, and/or low calorie choices.
  • Anniecakesss
    Options
    My favorite snack is from Trader Joes-- it's called Hold the Cone...a mini vanilla ice cream cone with chocolate inside. I have 2 at night and I'm set! They also come in chocolate.

Also, I always have (homemade) 100 cal pack almonds with me. They are my snack when It's been 4-5 hours since I've eaten.
  • apothecarist
    apothecarist Posts: 193
    Options
    Snacks for me would be a Yoplait or Dannon light yogurt, Brie cheese wedge (Trader Joe's sells some good ones for 40cals a piece), the Laughing Cow cheeses, really good dark chocolate (lately it's been Trader Joe's bittersweet w/almonds--just 1 square does the trick), a bowl of soup (I get this powdered onion or noodle soup and just add hot water), one half serving of ice cream, half a serving of Stacy's Pita chips, Pop Chips, and cinnamon sugar pita chips from TJ's.
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Fresh berries and Sugar Free Cool Whip
    or
    Quest Bars
  • aquinoz
    aquinoz Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with a scoop of protein powder.
  • dancerbyday
    Options
    Fruit is absolutely the best snack, since it is healthy, nutritious, yummy, and often zero or negative calories! When I'm hungry, I just grab a pear or apple and I'm good until the next meal. Also, Yasso makes these amazing frozen greek yogurt bars that are only 80 calories, and are absolutely delicious. You should try those.
  • newlife6745
    newlife6745 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I always make a big batch of pico de gallo (diced tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, fresh squeezed lime, pinch of salt, jalepeno pepper. I eat with Stacy's Pita chips, carrots or whatever other veggie sticks I have.
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Fruit or popcorn. I'm having fun trying different spices on air-popped popcorn, with just a little cooking spray to get the spices to stick - low calorie and fun, you get to eat a LOT!
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and jelly (oops)